Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cough

Sick baby = sleepless night

Only when you have a child you will realize the importance of being fit and healthy.

DD Trev came back from reservist with that nagging cough, he recovered, MM Flo caught it, I recovered and then BB [V] has it... I told DD T to make sure that he doesn't bring back any of these viruses cause of its dire consequences.

As babies do not have the ability to cough out their phlegm the medicine actually help to excrete it through their poo. Last night, I had to prop my princess up in our pillow just to make sure that she wouldn't choke on her phlegm. (Just to be sure) There were a few bursts of screaming as I think she was very uncomfortable from the effects of the medicine. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice by giving her the medicine... to see her like that breaks our hearts ... for she was all smiley before the medicine..

This actually got me thinking about why they extended the maternity leave to 4 months, I guess I'm lucky not to be working. Cause it takes alot from the mummy when the baby gets sick and the fever after their jabs. After the difficult night, which I barely slept, DD T was ready to drop his work just in case she gets difficult in the day and to relieve me of my duties.

hmmm talk about being sick.. this flu thingy is getting serious.. You get more afraid as this concerns a little one.. Grandpa John got serious with his preparation to fight against the flu. The last time SARs came, he went shopping and got us ALL thermometers and masks. Told him then that SIA provides and that I have one in my working handbag he insisted that I put one more somewhere for easy retrieval.

Just today, DD T came back with another new thermometer and he said I'm to wear a mask whenever I go out.. *doinkssss* There grandpa John goes again.. apparently he went out shopping for medical stuffs today and the office has a big packet of masks waiting...

No comments: