Sunday, June 5, 2011

Disney Junior


We were invited to Disney Junior's blogger presentation last week, I made a decision to bring V along as she is in her Mickey Mouse craze and so I so have to bring her something related! She has been hooked on this Playhouse Disney for the last month or so... even had to get Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD for her rides. Currently over her Hi 5, Wiggles, Sesame Street, Barney (in order)... its some phase I believe children all through *I think 


As the event was at 1130, V got to "pontang" school for the 1st time EVER! 

The event was held at Hatched @ Evans, was a nice cosy affair with about 15 or so parent bloggers. There were about 5-6 kiddos there too, they obviously like V was excited when they got to see their favourite characters in the media presentation. Disney Junior is to be launch on the 1st July, catering to older children too! Which is a great thing as pre schooler really do range till 7 years old or so. They have prepared alot of new cartoon series for the children... most of them are still in their sketching stage and we got a preview of what is to come next 1 year or so. So besides the usual Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Mandy, Dibo, Word World ermm I'm not sure what else as V was a convert just about 1 month or so.  I do some times watch this channel with her and always thought they had more shows that are suited for the boys.

V had M&S Pig sweet in her mouth, Auntie Nita packed 2 and left it in her romper pocket!!
But I'm surprisedly pleased that they are going to launch 3 or 4 girly programs... Once of which was that Minnie is to have her own show!! How cool is that... she running her own Bow-tique, so there will be lots of shopping, tea stuffs and all. This by the way got V's scream of approval....


Another is Sophie The First, storyline is very much like cinderella, S having to do housework when she was young (which by the way is great) and as she grew up and was summoned to the castle for what reason I cannot remember.  As she grows up she learns etiquette and how to behave as a lady. Seems like something I would like V to watch.  

The 3rd show I am very excited is Disney- A Poem is.... a cartoon version of poetry reading! I may not love poetry but I do appreciate if it is read to me. Great for literacy upbringing for the little one, this I'm excited! There are of course lots more but really not going into details as I'm serious when I say ALOT. I chose to share with you these few that attract me, not me la, for V!



 After the 1.5 hour presentation, we had a short Q&A and there was lunch. I got to sit with a bunch of blogging parents and the Director. So there was more sharing after which was great as I got to understand it more. I will do a serious writeup about some of the programs for those parents who will be interested to understand it better.

Lunch
something to keep V quiet.. well for awhile
she must of course take with her idol
NancyKanter, Gm of Disney Junior
obviously damn happy
guess what she got when she left!!! she was bragging about it when she reached home... 
we did a short stop to JG to say hello to her teachers.... 
I was brought back to days of fairy dust, happy smells., biggading bongagdin .. do you know research shows that Disney cartoon release endorphins that make people happy! No wonder children are always hippy and hoppty....

No comments: