Monday, July 1, 2013

July!

Wow... I'm so happy its July! As you can tell from my previous rant post, June was quite a bore. I was at home most of the time without my chauffeuring duties and suddenly my days was a bore. V was occupied for 2 weeks as my goddaughter accompanied her for stay overs at hers and ours. Yea, so V didn't need me much. BB Kate is always occupied and so, yes I was bored. The thing was that I kept June free as it was the holidays and thought we will be crazily running abouts, BUT the haze came. No  swimming, no practising our runs with BB Kate for our Shape 2013 run with the Capella stroller (which got postponed btw to oct). Then the by the 3rd week of June, I got lazy..  I fulfilled all my appointments and errands, I woke up for the sake of waking up and lazed around. Then the body started to get irritated by wanting to fight, you know that feeling? Its called angst. I had that, call it hormonal or boredom ... Trev had it too and we were irritating each other a lot.. but yea we survived.

Well, the last week, I have been cooking cooking cooking.. which was fun coz I missed it. Yes, I am very domesticated - If I want to. I started cooking for myself by primary 1, yes, parents were working hard for their money and I was left to fend for myself. I shower, dress, take the bus to and from school. When I look back, I think its amazing and it could have moulded me to be who I am today. I can sew since young - not like a hobby or for fun. I sewed my own dresses with my mum's classic singer sewing machine. Do housework from young, wash and iron - both I do NOT LIKE to do now. hahahhah. Many times, I see every one getting excited over cooking, sewing, this that.. I am like bleah...  I make a awesome home maker, just that I chose not to for the gratification moments are far from a few. Besides that Trev doesn't like me domesticated.. Yes my husband do not believe that I should be a SAHM since Day 1. He has seen how it has made his parents and refused/allow it to be happen to him. Well I must say his sacrifices are alot too, I thank god he is a hands on father and he handles both children well - with or without help.

I don't know what I wanted this post to me hmmm... I just wanted to blog. so it went off topic I think.

We tried V for music trial remember? Fail... although she was keen, she was not willing to commit to it for 3-4 years .. I mean I didn't tell her its so far fetched but weekly sunday classes sounded like a chore to her and she insisted on doing it only when she is 5 yo. But I think the teacher was a bore. *opps Anyway music is a long commitment and so she makes her choice. Although the grandfather was slightly disappointed but he was glad we talk through with her like a young lady. V is still only with Happy Train for the last 1 year and will complete the whole series by end of this year -just because she likes it. We have been trying to stop for 3 terms now, epic fail. So for now, its still going to be just that. Seemed like really relaxed parents huh... but seriously, there are days me and Trev are like , you know we should do this this this and this. Then we always remind ourselves that she is a child, a 4 yo child. In order not to deter us form our thoughts, we hardly talk to our friends about what V is doing, for you know, they give unnecessary pressure. There is the Chinese, phonics, abacus, swimming, music, arts, speech and drama, dance.. omg the pressure. So yes, just putting our foot down and not join the bandwagon.

Baby Kate just turned 9 months.. like omg right??? yea me too... She has started to do her 5 seconds standing with no support, which makes it all so exciting that she is going to walk soon! We are betting that she may even start walking before V! She is pretty fearless with her climbing even tore off my room's lampshade :( . Bb Kate has been teething, is literally chomping on my boobies and it bothering me much.  She is out 2 top and 2 bottoms, last 2 weeks it started again and we can feel the canines doing its appearances soon. Its starting to sprout maybe by next month, but we all know its the descending part that bothers babies most and not the sprouting. Sprouting takes 1 week.... descending takes months! hahaha I am quite ready to prepare to wean her off my boobies since it takes a few months to execute it. With V, I didn't know how and when to stop for she was fully latched on and refused bottles. But for BB Kate, she seems ready to wean off anytime for she drinks water great and eats too well! I did set a time frame of 1 yo for BB Kate for allergies or rather when she completes her teething process especially the canines. Baby Kate is different from V, she doesn't rely on comfort sucking much, she didn't go on any bottle strike or bottle strike. She doesn't need my boob to sleep and is happy with daddy's chest or arm.

In fact, Trev is saying she doesn't need my boob. But he is wise to tell me that its my bond between Kate and he will never interfere in how long I want to take to wean her. I love him like that.. for he knows its me and not my child who yearns it more. But in recent weeks, BB Kate is tearing my boobies too much and pulling it away when she turns in her sleep! Yes waking me up in pain most of the time!! hahhaha. I have been monitoring her sleeps and I think she is capable of not nursing through the night. Yes reality is setting in that she is growing up.



No comments: