Monday, July 14, 2014

Colour Wheel

V's school project for this term is about WHEELS. U can check her last term's "Bottles" project here.
I must admit we forgot about the project and remembered only when we were in Gold Coast. We took photos of the Batmobile wheels, caravans, toy car wheels. Totally NO objective on where we were going with the project. Did my research and needed something simple for her to work on. V loves her colours (predominately only pink) and I am an "expert" myself. After some comparison on some crafting sites, drove to bras brasah Art Friend and got the tools. They cost me about $25 and since we don't have habit to keep left overs, we made 4 Colour Wheels for her to gift her teachers as a tool.
Tools needed:
  • Mounting Board (use both sides)
  • 12 different coloured Felt sheets
  • Fastening Tape and Hook
  • Ruler
  • Pencil
  • Glue
  • Scissors
I got my FIL to help us cut the mounting board with his industrial penknife.
Measured the Foam sheets and got V to cut them
Cut all the colours
Paste the Hook + Loop on the cut up felt sheet. *it comes with adhesive
I got V to help place the felt sheet on the wheel.
We removed the tape off the Hook and Loop adhesive and pasted it according to V's preference
We prepared 4 wheels
Its off to teach her classmates about colours!
Just realized I didn't take a close up photo. But we added velcro on the top so she can make it into a teaching tool when she presents. Example:  Blue + Red = Purple or Red +White = Pink
Enjoy crafting! Its really a simple/educational tool and great for a 5 year old to handle!

No comments: