Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Gold Coast -Surfers Paradise

Main Beach at sunset
One of the main reason why I made the decision to stay in Surfers Paradise is because of its beautiful beach. Rewind back to year '97,  I did my 1st flight to Brisbane and stayed in Surfers Paradise Hilton. The rest of the crew had a 3 day pattern and I did 4 days (dunno why so lucky) .  The view from Hilton was magnificient! It was my 1st flight out to Gold Coast and didn't expect that the world can be so beautiful.  I remember sitting down for the longest time wondering what great things I may have done to deserve that. For a 18 years old girl, trust me it was just WOW. I got excited and got myself a swimwear from the shops, walked to the beach and plonked myself there to zzzz. The sand was powder like and the sea was just marine blue. For few hours, I lay on the beach admiring the surfers riding the waves and attempted to go into the ocean to get"splashed" hehehe. This memory of spending 2 days in Surfers Paradise has been etched in my mind for the longest time and it meant alot to me. Fast forward 17 years and I guess as we age, we reminisce these little things that mean so much in our lives. I just wanted to be there to admire that beautiful ocean once again. Surfers ParadiseSurfers Paradise
surfers paradise I
 wanted to go back to Hilton Sufers Paradise but interestingly it seems to off gone further in from the coast as compared to 17 years ago hahaha *globalisation.It used to be the last building on the coast but now there is The Soul and it blocks it all 
photo-37Attempted to build sand castles
Surfers Paradise
Bubbles from Daiso
Weather got a bit chilly the minute Mr Sun hid behind the clothes and got V all shivering. K was all strong and mighty, she carried on playing in the waters with T. IMG_2140While me? I was just happy to be back here and take a photo for keepsake.
Surfers Paradise
For that fine day 17 years ago

No comments: