Thursday, February 5, 2009

The road to recovery- The 1st week

Oh Why hasn’t any one told me that the recovery stage is the WORST part of pregnancy??

Damn, there are so much health problems to tackle after the delivery. it’s a good thing I didn’t take epidural, if not its going to be even longer…

1st: Pee
I was to asked to do my 1st pee at about 4 hours after delivery, I wasn’t able to do so as I didn’t have enough fluid and so I downed 3 cups of milo. Thank goodness, it was a smooth trip, no pain though.. Lucky I didn’t take epidural, I can’t imagine having a pee bag inserted and then removed..

2nd : Cramps and pains
Constant PMS pains as the uterus starts shrinking... super uncomfortable..
The nagging pain every where, the backache (due to the pushing), episiotomy stitches, bum bum, body aches

3rd: Bum:
The 1st bowel movement happened 3 days after delivery, I remembered dreading it, but alas it was smooth sailing.. Hehe…(the power of the stools softener, its godsend!) but 8 days down, I am having slight piles, and when I checked the internet, its again due to the pushing, the rectum gets traumatized. Can’t blame my bum bum… and so i suffer…

4th: Episiotomy
The stitches pain started after the 6th day as the wound starts to heal, it swells and the stitches gets tighter. So much tenderness.. You know after getting discharge on the 3rd day, on bb [v]’s 4th day we had to go polyclinic to get her jaundice checked (compulsory okie!!) Poor mummy flo, me had to move around so much, by the time I came back I felt wounded… then bb [v] was trying to settle in, so there was a lot of fussing around… so anyway, Ponstan rawks!! But not always rawks you know, its tramatising..

5th: Breastfeeding
I’m on exclusive breast feeding, so its meal on demand. It is damn trying, I’m still trying to figure it out.. sore nipples, low milk supply, not supportive mother and mother in law (old school; believes in formula milk) blah blah blah.. The list goes on, will be seeking professional help in the next few days, I must persevere!!!

6th: Emo issues
Cried twice oredi.. Breastfeeding issues, fatique… Normal…

7th: Confinement
Actually its not that bad, I have been going out almost everyday. Obviously I would rather not as it damn taxing on the body. But no choice, there is jaundice checks and bb [V] didn’t poo, so had to go pediatrician.. One of those things…will blog on this issue when its over…

8th: Hot
Always sweaty and I shower everyday mind you…perpetual smelly mummy flo.. Hate it…

9th: Massage
Its damn shiok-a-doos when being massaged, but after the binding, *faint* now I’m suffering with a tight bind and itchy skin because its hot. But for the sake of beauty , what the heck!

10th: Lochia
The heavy flow ended on the 5-6th day, Dr Han assisted by helping me push the blood out after stiching up..but the flow increased again after I started my massage where she will push the uterus back into position.

11th: Fatigue
No need to explain, one small little thing constantly asking for boobies..

So can you imagine me… HOT,PAIN,SWEATY,PAIN,TIGHT,PAIN,ITCHY,PAIN,BLOODY,PAIN, TIRED,PAIN……

Delivery was the easy part man... 3 1/2 hours.. now its my 8th day..haiz.. how long more??

BB [V] .. must love mummy okie….

No comments: