Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rant Post

So this is a rant post, don’t expect nice things…

I really cannot comprehend men sometimes… whenever the baby cries, they ALWAYS say that the baby is hungry… the 2 grandpas and DD Trev is the same!! Nothing goes through their thick skull that the bb might be cold, hot, bored, tired or the most importantly, poo…freaking irritating!! The worse is when you just finish feeding them, they take over to play and 10 mins later she cries… “She is hungry”...(this applies to every ember of the Ngs) I mean what nonsense, why is it can’t be that she doesn’t wannce seyour face

Since I breastfeed BB [V], I realized that DD Trev doesn’t really have the opportunity to bond with her except for when he bathes her in morning. So I decided to express my milk so as to let him feed, he doesn’t do any night feeds as I know he has to work the next day.
But it is very tiring for me as it is a 3 hourly feed and I take ½ hr to 1 hr to pump, so u can imagine the amount of sleep I get.

But I think he really took it for granted…I remembered after my confinement, he stayed in the hall and watched his football for a good 4-5 hours… okie, I gave in as I know he needs his timeout but when he stared making a habit... Man, I gave him my dose of verbal diarrhoea … So I told him since he wants his “me” time, he does night feed on that day so I can have my “me” sleep.

Then came another issue…

Mummies are naturally sensitive to her baby’s cries at night, but somehow daddies don’t… they have the capability to sleep through. So you can imagine the 1st night feed, BB [V] started with an “eh” to a “neh” to a “wah” to a “wahhhhhhhhh” and my dear husband was still sleeping (so much for watching his football), I had to wake him up to fix the milk…

And so the next issue…

He took so lonnnnngggggggggggg…….. he wakes up, does his pee(for what?), goes to the kitchen all with his eyes half closed… by then the bb was already wailing but he was nonchalant about the seriousness of a hungry bb, I had to stuff my boob in to appease her. He comes in a good “forever” minutes, scratching his balls and rubbing his eyes...Men… After a few times, he became better and got trained to be more sensitive…and so I continue with the torturous night feeds.

Then he does the most irritating thing…

I manage to train him to be more sensitive to the bb cries at night, now the issue is… when he wakes up to her cries, he doesn’t get up to make milk… BUT instead pats the bb and asks her to go back to sleep and he himself falls back asleep!!! How not to get irritated?? Or there is the other thing that he does when he is half asleep and I’m feeding her, he will wake up say “why you wake her, she never cry let her sleep lar” he did this to me for a good one week until I couldn’t take it , got up switched on the light and shouted “For f*** I do that for?? If u r not such a cock, u will know your daughter was crying her lungs out and will help me to fix her milk instead of talking nonsense?”

Since then he stopped and does occasionally wake up to fix her milk especially when my face is super black…for men don’t have initiative

No comments: