Monday, May 31, 2010

Phase 2 (II)

forgot to add that the separation anxiety peaks at this phase too.. she wants me to do everything... can't be out of her sight.. u know the works :(

I was also reminded in school that this phase includes rebelling aka "not listening to the word NO".. the minute you say NO, she cries if not continue doing it and insists on doing which is worse.

Think we are suffering from burnout... DD T says he can see my face damn "gek sim", but we both don't have a answer to this problem. I mean we can always throw her in a childcare or a nanny or a helper, these of course will be the easy way out.... take her in the evening and play a little then put her to sleep and we carry on with life. How easy this sounds, damn tempting I tell you!

Before our trip to KL, was telling DD T about me wanting a holiday as I needed to recharge and kinda miss europe too. So he told me to chose the country that I want to go and make arrangements... so I got all excited kinda miss my London duck rice, my Paris desserts, my Italy sightseeing. Even felt like doing a Spain trip...

but after the KL trip I flipped lar... totally can't see myself stuck in a plane for 13 hours with her and having to deal with all this. It was only a 40 mins flight! It didn't help that KL was damn HOT!

How to recharge? I can go to a children friendly place but we don't do beaches (just preference) , can't do Japan as we are going during CNY, don't want Australia... 3 days ago, we were asked to go Canada by DD T's customer.. damn bloody tempting, but HOW TO FLY 24 HRs?? sigh sigh sigh... we both need to recharge ourselves before thinking of having another child but tired oh so tired. Can't help that we have no heart not to bring her... sianz alot..

4 comments:

Diana said...

i feel with you in this post. travelling with babies at this age is not so easy. how did you survive the 40 minutes flight? i get stressed thinking about the 13 hours morning flight in september to singapore. no night flight on sq from copenhagen. OMG! morning is when he is most active. i think i will bring 1 bag just filled with toys(old and new) and books! some people say, try giving cough syrup or panadol to make him sleepy. and i was so desperate that i actually tried! but didnt work. and recently the nurse told me that it is not a good option. he is not sick, why give him that. and i felt so bad. we did night flights and it was good. he slept well and the engine sound lull him to sleep. maybe if you want to go long haul, best option will be night flight. but babe, 24 hours no joke leh... even we adults cannot tahan, what more the children... i can never go on more than 14 hours flight. madness!

if you really decide to go to europe, let me know lah. maybe i can tag along also!

M said...

The grass is always greener. I wish I could at least be home at 6pm not 7pm so I have more than just an hour with her. Mondays are always worse cos I've spent so much time with her during the weekend and now I have to get my butt to work, super sian.

I think if the grandparents can cope, you and Trev should take maybe a 2 night trip to recharge, some couple time, no need to feel guilty.

Pinkie Pirate said...

hang in there mommy! do take care. can understand what you mean when you say you wanna recharge before thinking about number 2 - me too!

have you thought about letting V try out different types of enrichment to balance out the JG? think she's quite intelligent and so can get easily bored so maybe can consider a programme that can challenge her thinking/intellect? since she's quite advanced, you can look at a wider selection of programmes now. sounds like she already mastered her environment and current learning levels. try something new and stimulating for her!

Unknown said...

D: i think flying will get alot better when they can start sitting still to watch something or better still play games!!!! lol dun koe about europe now, really cant think .. scared. I feel stress thinking of ur flt too! bringing the 2nd one too?? like omg...

M: really need this to be over before we can plan something coz we still shudder at the thought lol

P: babe u just gave me hope!!! something i can consider .. though i will have to wait for the phase to be over before deciding anything...