Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Milk situation

V started this milk spurt and upgrades her 3 bottles a day to 5-6 bottles! Was freaking us out. Means morning 1, before nap 2, night 2-3. We go through the massive tin of pediasure in 1.5 weeks, that's close to 3 x 1.5kg in a mth. Not that I care much but the amount of sugars in the milk!! Yikes ... I tried changing her to drink fresh milk in the afternoon but failed, told me not nice. So it was back to pediasure, I felt uneasy as I have been seeing children around her age with rotten teeth. If you must know me, I am miss super anal about teeth!!! I check V teeth so often and detail, better than a dentist hahaha. I'm pretty expert with it. Helps with years of braces.... If V smiles at me and it's off white, I scream n it's off to the toilet to get it fix. She tries to get away with just playing with her toothbrush when everyone else bathes her. Me ahaha I inspect them!
So back to milk... We put her In lysine after her last bout of sickness when her appetite dipped. Now, she eats so much we get scared . 13.7 kg, for someone who weighted 12kg at the pd's. Not too bad, but it's toughie carrying her now.. Anyways, yesterday we went to the supermarket and a pink bottle of Meiji milk caught her eyes!! Wa winner la this one... I managed to convert her to drink strawberry fresh milk in the afternoon, she likes coz it's pink :) well hope this lasts *prays

Pls don't ask me about the bottle . We went through 10 over straw bottle n they all failed. Yes I have a massive collection of bottles at home. In the end her words "mummy I want to lie down to drink my milk" win lor ... Any suggestions? A straw bottle that works like a milk bottle?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: