Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tiddler concert

I got SO excited about this performance! Like many out there, we are great fans of Julia Donaldson. I started reading to V her books when she was 2 years old. I went on a spree on bought her 15 titles. *opps overboard know. But there was 2 books that I bought when the the mummies were trending on The Gruffalo, I decided against it and bought The Squeeze and a Squash and the Monkey Puzzle.






















I chose these 2 because of its values and the other for its rhyming, I found fun reading it animated!

The decision to go against The Gruffalo was mainly because, I didn't quite understand why would parents introduce a monster to a child at such young age. At 2 years old was not the time to introduce such. Although I eventually bought that title for her, she doesn't like it AT ALL. I wouldn't blame her for at 34 years old, I cannot stand the beast in The Beauty and The Beast, Like what a ugly creature! The image is daunting and doesn't make life all so merry and nice, sugar and spice. Although the book is award winning for its creative, I was sure it was not the right book for my child. Surprisingly, I went for  a parenting workshop and found a lot of parents who think the same way! Awesome!

Anyways, I found out that there was a performance and they were showing in Singapore! All our favourite books! I mean we have been reading this set for years! V can even memorise by heart! So I did the honours of going with her, for it The Squeeze and The Squash is MY all time favourite. I pick this book every time hahaha.. I don't give her a choice. In every stack of book for reading I will slide it in, just love the flow of the rhymes.

Oh my god, the concert was so enjoyable! We were laughing at the familiarity of the books. I never realise that it can be so entertaining watching children books derived performances. V knew the words and we knew what to expect and may I add how entertaining the performances were.

Best part after the concert, we kept telling each other how awesome the concert was. The father was so pleased that we enjoyed it and the money was well spent! I am sure he would if he tagged along for he has been reading to her too!

I am toying with the idea to watch again.

No comments: