Wednesday, August 14, 2013

In Germany for 9 days

We planned on a holiday this year together...

Over at the Chinese New Year, we read the horoscope in the papers  and Trev's ones had a "must go holiday with spouse". Something about not neglecting her or something, or was it to strengthen the relationship. Ya I know damn lame, but some how it made him think that we do really need to spend time together lol! So sometimes horoscope does help much. Hyak hyak

I was pretty much not for it coz BB Kate is still so young right? Left it aside and disregarded it...  he went on many trips and I stayed at home minding the kids. We started planning for a holiday with the children and after much researching, some how it didn't click much coz it was too much of logistics.. *just me thinking. Once again, I disregarded it. 2 months ago, Trev asked me if I was keen on following him to Germany and I didn't jump on it, I wanted the Vegas one! But much discussion later, he feels the need for me to go on a holiday. Yes, thats very sweet of him right? Timing seemed right and BB Kate was already on solids every 2 hours - YES SHE EATS MUCH. I was quite ready to wean her, mummy knows when issit it?  Made some changes to my calendar and decided that I will whisk off for 9 days.

Thank God that the Grands were very readily keen to take on the responsibilities of the girls, for V has to travel daily to her kindy and Bb kate not having my boobs. My helpers were to sleep with BB K and prepare for her fussingness and guess wat? Besides fussing the 1st night, she is on her way to be weaned off night milk. Sometimes I think, I am the cause of her stirring so much at night.

Technology has improved so much, its like I didn't leave home. Before me writing this post, I spent 2 hours watching V playing her piano coz her couz Will was practicing. Oh, today I chose to hibernate today. NOT DOING ANYTHING - my favourite pastime. This is how I recharge BEST. I spend last 3 days reading 50 Shades, just traveling around and reading. It is also only today, we decided to take the wifi.. I chose to be cut off and Facebook is out of bounds, which is good coz I think its just an addiction *rolls eyes.

The start of my reading
I love reading, I love marathon reading ... something I have given up since the kids arrived. Yes, I miss it terribly. Its like having a hobby and not able to do it. Yes, reading can be done daily, I do that to my fiction books but when I am on my non-fiction, I hate to stop and pick up where I left off. It arghs me.. Another thing I miss? Puzzle making... the comprehensive ones. Obviously CANNOT be done with children around, oh well they will grow up soon and I can stay sleepless nights doing it. Though I think I may be too old for that. Sometimes I wish I have different hobbies that allows me to stay active instead of such boring mundane stuffs *in my hb opinion. This trip has allowed me to have a paradigm shift and I and going to chose 2 new hobbies when I return. Although my habit of travel and marathon reading is something I am not willing to give up.

Maybe just to share some stuffs I did, I drank some beer... which was awesome! I miss it much after 2 years.

how  crew chill their own wines - without a fridge 
a regular hotel snack in europe
I mean to write more but I getting hungry... Trev should be back from his last day of meeting and we will go to Hamburg and Berlin next.

No comments: