Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vaccine

Hate vaccines...

But no choice you know.. so she has done 3 jabs of 6 in 1 and 2 doses of rotavirus (syrup)... damn sad to see her after a jab.. for she is one of those babies who will run a fever after a jab. :( Thank goodness its all done for now, the drama will start again she reaches 1 year old. Please don't ask me why I took 6 in 1 instead of 5 in 1 + hep jab.. the answer is simple = lesser jabs. I know its more expensive lar but that is what the CDA is for anyway. Chose one PD that offers this service and the baby gets top notch medical care. That's how I feel anyway. I take the government monies to give my baby the best, not go and buy toys for her. (I know of people who do that)

Okay, I skip the pneumococcal vaccine mainly because I look after her myself and at the most the grands. So I feel that wasn't a need to take for now... don't feel like going taking so many jabs... Of course, there is the 2 schools of thoughts, the kiasu one that takes everything or the kiasee one that don't do any (there are some studies that links autism to vaccines)

But I do like this PD though its DAMN long a queue.. Vaccines are packaged at $440 (3 doses of 6 in 1) appointment based... the walk ins are 4-5 hours wait.. the assistances will tell you to go back and call you when your turn is nearing .. despite the long wait, she is very detailed, some people will consider Dr like this long winded, but I need one like that as this subject is new to me and I have plenty questions. Just like how I talk to my gynae, I have this long list of questions I store in my iphone and she will patiently answer me one by one.. nice ... worth the money. You know lar, newborns are sure go and see PD a lot of times.. I will do my vaccines in such a way I see her every month so I get to ask questions.. money like this cannot scrimp, I like to be assured.. just to make sure we are doing the right thing.

But as BB [V] grows older, the question list has since diminished, but she is very supportive of breast feeding and co-sleeping... I think it is very important to find one female PD that is on the same wavelength, at least you get real advices not theoretical.

Oooo Dr again... waiting for my turn

doing my motor checks.. passing rattle form right to left
doing my detail checks..
1st jab we carried her she cried. 2nd jab we placed her down and she didn't cry... so this round we tried again..
DD T distracting her... the needle went in
our princess didn't even whimper.. hooray!!!
then the nightmare started.. trying to cool her down

so sad right the face... can cry

her temperature was going up... way up
my heart pain... I HATE vaccines

Paracetamol is my last resort... mainly because I don't want her to be reliant on medicine.. DD T is very into popping medicine coz he feels it solves all problems but not me... So I will do everything before I give...

*just to share, I spoke to Dr Tan that I read about some mummies giving paracetamol before a vaccine just to prevent it and if I should do so since its seems like it works. But she looked astonished as how mummies are misusing the medicine, did comment that its only in recent times that they started giving medicine as a lot of parents run to KKH thinking it is an emergency... she told me that there are recent studies that there are links of paracetamol to asthma, for there is an increasing increase in the alarming rates in asthma... (there was an article in straits times)

(DD T has history of childhood asthma.. so I kaisu.. no no no no no asthma)

No comments: