Sunday, April 25, 2010

eating n drinking lots

she is eating so well... check out her tum tum .. though selective at times like all humans, feeding her may not be successful everytime.. but I'm proud to say she eats very well... we eat out alot so she is exposed to alot of cuisine... I allow her to have slight salt n seasoning, frown at the MSG and a total NO to the sugars. The only form of sugars are from her bb biscuits and cookies that I use to bribe her to sit in her highchair while in the restaurants. You will be surprised at how selective she is at her meals, she eats damn well when the food is real fresh, throws and spits when it sucks.


she can finish a whole plate of mushroom risotto .. this is from cedele.. one of our favourite joints for great wholesome foods... the closest I can get for a "no junk" restaurant without traveling out of my way.
at home, big bowl of porridge... I double boil my porridge with stock and add cod, spinach, carrots... wholesome too... I try to give her fresh foods everyday if we are home, I don't wake up early for wet market... so Aunty Nita or Grandma Tay buys them for me and I pick them up (washed, cleaned and packed!) She eats $6-10 of fish every meal and eats Sakura chicken only... she is not a fan of pork and beef coz I think her gums are sore from the erupting pre-molars... Grandma Ng buys her beef from tekka market and sometimes I think they are the drama one not me... traveling all the way there just to buy meats.. then she will tell me its the freshest! you koe... okie whatever!

I never give her tetra packed foods or jar one.. tried once but she hates it and I never bother giving her. Though I have started giving her french fries lol.. eh she loves it man especially the truffles fries in PS cafe! (mummy's fav too!) haven't tried giving the macdonalds one though.

I have upgraded her water bottle to this 1 Litre.. coz the 500ml one doesn't last more than a meal... I get irritated having to top up...

BB [V] is a water guzzler... she drinks ALOT!!!! its a damn amazing feat for a bb who never touched a single drop of water the 1st 6 mths of her life.. I remember how everyone was bugging me to feed her water ... say must feed lar, if not won't like drinking water lar... now they keep their mouth shut and actually panic when she drinks.. coz she can finish the mag mag bottle in one go.... I still insist that she drinks water.. no what barley water, chrysanthemum, chinesey thingy powder to mix.. though there was one day DD T let her drink coke and he got a good thrashing from me! But its good to know she doesn't like sweet drinks. I do let her drink freshly squeezed juices and water with ice in the hot afternoon. I think she loves ice cold water as it soothes her gums :)

The fact that she drinks so well is why I'm not worried about the salt and seasoning part in her diet. Can't wait for her to eat KFC! I'm not horrible, just that when that day comes means the teething period is over :)

2 comments:

Rachel L. said...

Wish that V is all well by now.

My whole family was down by this deadly viral fever. sucks!

Unknown said...

yeah she is fine now.. just alot of phlegm

hope u all are feeling better?