Monday, April 26, 2010

her 1st flu

BB[V] is sick.. her 1st official sickness...

She has never gotten this sick .. her 1st fever of 38.5 and it comes with a cough. This morning she did a slight cough, I looked at her, called DD T to go make appointment to see the Dr.. by mid day her cough had phlegm and I had to carry her in my arms while she napped.

Dr Lim says that this is a very strong strain of flu that is spreading around... MM F is happy, honest, happy that BB [V] has finally fallen ill.. that her antibodies can finally build up on her own. The thing is that she goes to school 2 times a week, she is always out, she plays with her cousins and I was like why never sick huh? I have been wondering why everyone else falls sick except this child and now I know she is normal. We took our 1st MC for school hahah... I asked for 8 days... so drama right? Dr Lim says its only a 2-3 days fever, but my concern is the phlegm.

So we were given a cocktail of medication.. her 1st .. so exciting .... even DD T got excited and we were busy looking at labels, quantity, asking questions..
so we were taught how to medicate a high fever coz she never had it before... nurofen if it gets above 38.5 and paracetamol if below, we are allowed to give 3 hourly of nurofen and paracetamol if nurofen is not effective enough.

The grands heard about their princess falling sick and demanded that we go home tomorrow morning, for her to get TLC. Me not complaining, I can rest too... coz usually the mummy falls sick too right? I haven't been sick since I got pregnant, may be its time too.

No comments: