Saturday, March 17, 2012

Smartkids Asia

We were invited by SmartKids Asia to be under a media guests.... nothing really special just a tour amongst the booths and a more understanding on how this expo works. The person is charge was my ex-colleague and she called me to offer me this privilege.  I had a media pass that allows me to go around the booth to ask questions and request to write a product review if I was keen. I may go back again tomorrow when V goes to watch Barney with Daddy, didn't get much of a chance to do my "media" work with V hanging around bugging to play.

But apart from what I was invited to go , I must agree with a few mummies that I went with was that its really a great kids expo! I was impressed by how organized everything was, amidst of the crowd, it had a distinct clear segmentation of the services and products offered. They had a 'Uncle Ringo Fair' at the back of the expo hall, $5 per entry for bouncy castle, bouncy slides etc. A tad expensive but hey we are in 2012! But allowing V to go to these stuffs are a total waste of effort, 3 mins and she is out.. "mummy im done... like seriously waste of money"

I did abit of exploring for 2.5 hours whilst I was there and stumble on this worth mentioning.  I saw this Kids Gallery and they had painting, sticking stuffs for the kiddos.... way too cool (I needed a break to eat) paid my $10 to book us a place, had to wait for the next slot as it was too full at the 1pm session.

It was a drop off program 35-45mins session... they had many handlers to help the kids out with their painting.
can't wait for her turn... got her name written at the back

she got some instructions

working it

I got myself a subway and came back to her sticking blings  

shaping them all

trying to call "jie jie" in her mousey voice

stuck as they was nothing to do

jie jie came to add more glue for her

more work to be done


I can't say how pleased V was with her artwork.... I was however more impressed at the effort of the vendor that they took a picture and printed it. This is what I call personalized artwork. I was sold.... took their brochure and have them in my can-go-to list of creative classes. What I like is their youthful handlers that had a ready smile and hugs for the children, you know I'm real particular about this. So yes this is a plus point for me.

No comments: