Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sisterly love

here are some overdue photos of the girls.. 

V has been amazing with her, with loads of hugs and kisses and then there will be days of jealously. This is especially so when K gets cranky and needs to be carried. But V is slowing understanding the concept of drinking and cuddling to sleep.  But the words that comes out can be pretty harsh like " I hate my bb sister, only know how to cry" hahha its funny la, I don't see the need to correct her at this point and her vocab are limited and going all out to explain hate is a harsh word is way too complicated. Nanny has been really patient teaching us about sibling rivalry, she allows V to visit the BB is her room at any point. We were thinking it may disturb them, but nanny was really careful and told us to allow V to visit to minimize any jealousy. It worked really well, V doesn't feel the need to compete with her sister for attention. We all still give V her the attention 1st then the baby, if I'm latching, I will tell her after her milk I will go to her. But most of the time I am in my room and so she doesn't feel it much. Coz to her mummy is sick lol.. but most of the time I am just being lazy and recuperating. 

Just yesterday I was in the hall, helping V play some games to help her collect coins so she can buy nice  furniture for her cafe. I was ignoring K's cries as she is going through her 3rd week growth spurt and has been wanting to be carried. 

V: Mummy, go and carry my baby sister ah. Cry and cry
Me: don't want, let her cry... I'm playing your game.. u go and check her
V: *rolling her eyes, Busy ah mummy 
Me: with what?
V: eating, cannot see? chinese sausage very nice u know * waving her chinese sausage in her right hand
me: so? cannot check? 
V: Aiya, bb sister only want milk, milk, milk. What can I do? *wagers her left hand like a mak nek nek
  
The grands has been AMAZING with V, loads of outings to distract her. The helpers entertain her daily to allow me to sleep. Sometimes I think God makes me sick with the blood clot to make the adults remember that child birth is a major thing. If he didn't do that, I believe I will be up and about trying to do everything myself - being such a hands-on person. I think its a illness sometimes, but hey its a great breather watching from a back seat. 








No comments: