Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Kidzania

We were away last weekend for a road trip to Kuala Lumpur.

This trip was with V's friends and we drove into Malaysia. Met up at 9am in Jurong- we were late as Trev was trying out a new app and the app funnily likes to bring us into small roads --- pretty irritating. I mean I would just drive ECP, AYE... but he went CTE, PIE, clementi, bouna vista, jurong etc.. got me all rolled eyes and all. I mean why can he check the app the day before the actual day right?

Anyway, this was baby Kate's 1st trip out. It was really exciting for us as a family.

We arrived in at the hotel at about 3-4pm (we got lost) and did a nice swim in the pool.  Cold I say... must be the rain..  stayed over at One World Hotel PJ. eh nice wor the hotel... I'm pretty impressed by the location and  its connection to the mega mall- One Utama. I mean you know us and malls right? It was really easy to get stocks for the trip, although we hardly had time to walk around. I mean the mall was massive! We placed V in a trolley cox she was grumbling that she was tired. Shopping was pretty much same oh same oh but they do of course have different brands. I did however realised that most malaysians don't shop as there was not much people with shopping bags. We did have dinner with my girlfriend (also my business associate) at this peranakan restaurant that was yummers!!

On saturday, we had the hotel breakfast and man! like what ern's daddy said. "It has got horizon" ... the  spread was like it was dinner buffet, every station was open! Besides the usual egg station, there was fresh juice, pateries, cereals, cold cuts , salad, japanese, prata, dimsum, thosai... I even had gourmet cheese platter for my breakfast. Awesome or wat!

After that we had BKT lunch in i dunno where, Ryan's parents who are locals brought us there. Nice to have local foods although it was too warm for baby kate. We made a trip to Kidzania for the 2nd session. On weekends their sessions are 10-3pm, 4-9pm. It was crazy fun for the parents and the children. I must say its a great set up...

The children gets 50 K cheque and was asked to go to the bank to exchange for dollars. This is to educate the child about "pay money and earn money." V obviously could not understand it at all, guess it takes a few more trips. The whole place was made up of different companies.. I was amazed by the layout of the place and most of all the CONCEPT of it all! You can look at the countries where KIDZANIA is and going to open in the next 2 years. I seriously think children nowadays are so darn lucky!!!!

But I do think the reason why we enjoyed this so much was that V had her besties with her. 4 friends at 4 yo and learning things together. Why not? They were full of giggles and laughter the whole time. We even got a photo of them gossiping...

cuteness right?

We were there till 8-ish and the parents were famished! The children had a session at Ayam cooking school and had a tuna sandwich. The photos and videos are in Trev's hp and I will have to retrieve it. But for now these are the photo Kidzania took and we bought.






No comments: