Monday, March 24, 2014

Pilates Fitness Cardio Jumpboard Class

I think by now you realized I seriously love this Pilates Fitness and would glad to make a trip to try their new classes. I'm sort of dying for them to open in the East coz their 2 outlets are seriously not in my route to anywhere at any day :( I tried Pilates in the gym - both Pilates Mat and Pilates Fitness but it really doesn't give the same effect as the being on the reformer. I like the reformer for a very basic reason, coz I'm lying down hahah so lazy right. But you will be surprised the effect it does onto your body. I did 1 month with them at the 1st outlet and lost inches at my hips and thunder thighs which takes the longest time to tone! I get friends telling me how different my legs look like now.

2 weeks ago,  I was invited to try their Cardio Jumpboard Pilates. Wa sey is happening one okie! It was 1 hour of non-stop "jumping" on the reformer board. Totally so suitable for people like me who cannot co-ordinate my limbs in those cardio classes like Body Combat or Bollywood dance!


 
First, let me show you the exact location of their new outlet at Serangoon Gardens. It's nearer to Gardens' popular Pow Sing Chicken Rice store, so park/walk towards that side. Find Macdonald and park on that stretch, parking coupon is required.  Pilates Fitness is on the upper floor of the shop house no 85A.

This Serangoon Gardens outlet is their latest outlet and is definitely conveniently located as compared to the Telok Blangah outlet. I was there early to sniff around a little, the classes were all full! 

 
Totally love the new Reformers! Purple!!
So what's the difference between Pilates Reformer class vs Cadio Jumpboard Pilates?

You can read my Reformer review here. Now Reformer class focus a lot on your body posture, I have bad posture when exercising which I found out only after attending Pilates. I have since ensure I do not at any time hunch my back and put my weight on my chest. Do you have chest pains? If so start with your posture and this helps heaps.  The class focus alot on strength, control and predominately working the core muscles. Class pace is relative manageable and Pilates is about breathing properly. Yes, you will ache a lot after the 1st few classes but they are good aches. I stood taller during that time I was doing it. 

Cardio Jumpboard however is an effective and fast weight loss routine that sculpts and tones the body. The pace of the class was fast and totally totally fun! It is intense and fast paced, which means more calories are lost since it helps u increase metabolism right? I had a power sweat out without feeling like my legs cannot carry me anymore or that my head was spinning trying to balance after a gym cardio workout. 

You can see from the photo that there is a jumpboard and the workout focus a lot on using that. Of course you will notice that the class is small which means you get the attention you need with each class. 



The many varieties on how we use the Jumpboard.
I though this was really apt on what I felt during and after the class. The fact it was so fast paced, challenging, 1 hour really flew by and its like you feel so recharged after! I did not at all feel clumsy as my 1st reformer class but of course it is because I got used to the pulleys, springs and gadgets of the reformer. Try it, seriously it's really fun! If you are on the route for these 2 outlets, envious much.

They have a promotion going on and you should check it out
For this post, Pilates Fitness would like to give away 1 Reformer Pilates Trial (30 mins introduction + 55 min Weight Loss or Body Aches Reformer Pilates) to readers who quote "FloMummy" when booking a class. *Valid till 30th April 2014 for all first-timers at Pilates Fitness only.



Serangoon Garden Outlet
Studio Mobile: +65 8322 9552
Studio Address: 85A, Serangoon Garden Way, Singapore 555981

Telok Blangah Outlet
Studio Mobile: +65 9184 7622
Studio Address: 434,Telok Blangah Road, Singapore 098854
http://www.PilatesFitness.com.sg

Business Registration Number: 201022985Z

Friend Us @http://www.facebook.com/pilatesfitness 


*Disclaimer: I was invited to attend 2 classes for this post but I attended 1 class but was very much convinced by the benefits of it. No monetary compensation was given and all opinions are mine. 

No comments: