Saturday, November 21, 2009

Getting back ...

Me time

Now that she is getting older and is not totally reliant on me, I have learn to let go and find myself some me time. I had been taking care of BB [V] by myself without much help as we stay by ourselves, unless of course when we stay over at the grands.

So I have starting making more effort to get in touch with the world outside of the breast-feeding, changing diapers and patting baby to sleep. I have started slowly but surely to "train" the grands to assist me on days I would like to go out late with the girlies. May it for a meal or gossips over drinks Not that I have done it many times but once a month with the exception of this month. Guess the grands kind of pity me for I haven't gotta my me time since like April last year.

They are very keen on me to stop breast-feeding soon, mainly after Grandma Barbara looked after BB [V] one evening and realized that she doesn't have very good sleeping pattern, stirring a few times at 2am. She advised to to try weaning off the boobs especially at night to ensure that BB [V] and I will have good rest. Grandpa John ask me one day on why I'm still BF as I told him 6 months, I was like errmm 1 year now. It was kinda weird for my father in law to ask questions like this, but I guess he was tactfully trying to tell me to look after myself better. Even DD T doesn't wan to continue too long as he feels that BB [V] is very sticky to me and it is time to relax and take a back seat as she is bigger now.

He wants to take over so as I can sleep through 10 hours or so, for I have never past 6 hours... sometimes I look in the mirror and realized how much motherhood has aged me.

Well, 9+ months now... just 3 more months to go.. gotta start slowly to wean her off... as the 1 year mark is nearly and its time to start thinking what I want to do.

Here are some things I have been up to for the last few months. Though it was fun catching up with my girlies, I still have hellavu lots of people to catch up but I guess slowly is good. The list of friends goes on and on, but I'm sticking to the easy few. These are a few photos as I have photos everywhere... sianz to search.

Yes, I have a fantastic hubby that stays at home to look after her while I go unwind.

Wine + Dine + Club is my forte.

@ Scarlet
@ pre-F1 party at the helipad of Swissotel, magnificent view!
@ Butter... I felt old-ish there.. haha
@ Rochester One
@ Amara hotel... we party fantastic together... was a crazy night
@ Bonta
@ Raku
@ Zouk mambo

Why same faces? Coz these girls will never force me to drink.... You can't imagine how much work it is to drink and BF at the same time. I have to go toilet to hand express, go home and pump and of course chose not to feed her the whole day. So lucky, its once a month and for the 1st time in years I walked out of Zouk sober!!!

No comments: