Saturday, November 28, 2009

Reading

i love reading

I have been dying to go back to reading... something I find a luxury to do recently. Just on friday, we went to see the christmas lights in town and parked in Wheelock, the lift brought us to Borders... Since we were staying with the grands over the weekend I found it a opportunity to indulge a little. You must be wondering why? Coz when I read I don't put it now, once I start I must finish... I have this thing about being immersed "in the book" and can't detach myself, its like watching a good movie, you don't watch it in parts over a period of 1 week. DD T has gotten used to me sobbing in the middle of the night or not sleep at all until I complete it.

My favourite indulgence is a good book with a good meal - ALONE, better still, a good book, my iphone+music, a bottle of water, walking the streets of anywhere the whole day - yes, ALONE. I do well alone cause with a good book, you are never really alone. Everybody has different ways of unwinding.... some watch a movie, some listen to music, some read...

So I hesitated... because I wasn't sure of what book I should get. A new Dan Brown maybe but it wasn't a paperback and I like portability - Yes, the book doesn't leave my sight. Then I stumbled upon Twilight; and pondered if I should get it as since there has been a hype about the movie and all.. I didn't get a chance to catch the movie last year. I love fantasy, magical stories noting that my favourite books when I was young was "The Enchanted Woods Series" by Enid Blyton. Then there was my "Harry Potter" that DD T religiously bought for me every year, he would order online and collect it on the day of the release. Of course there are many other books that I truly love.... fiction... DD T always tell me how he will make have a room just for my books- a library... next time. They are all in big Toyogo boxes all in good condition, eh because I must read new books and I don't like to bend them... if you open them, it should have a receipt or hotel notepad of some place some where in the world which I use it as bookmarks.

Then vampires are not really what I was into... but I thought oh why not? Asked for money to pay up and DD T was like .. "400+ pages only? you will finish so fast... no point leh" and so I bought 2 books... I usually finish a book in a day or so.. depending. Though I have this super thick book "The Pillars of The World" that I was reading when I was preggie but its a damn difficult and taxing book to read... if it took Oprah 4 years to finish, I wonder how long for me now with a baby.

I spent the whole Saturday reading... The grands, DD T, aunty Nita saw me reading and got BB [V] out of my way for a good 3-4 hours while I read. How sweet! Manz the book was really engaging.... by the 1/3 into the book , I was smiling sweetly as I flipped...a twinkle of innocent love that sprinkle every page... 400 pages was easy peasy, though I must add this is a rare book that comes a few years once.. a feeling that deals with one's most inner most feeling of relationship - the first love.

No comments: