Saturday, January 22, 2011

While waiting

I'm in JG....

Daddy took over the class and so I'm pretty bored... Woke up super late for our parents chat in V's new school which she is starting after cny. Was supposed to start this week but she got bitten by mozzies the day b4 school and had red dots everywhere which we panicked thinking was chickenpox, small pox or measles! Drove to DD's Gp and he gave me the look "like it just bites and why so kancheong "oh well, if you stay in my inlaws it gets blown out of proportion. Oh and coz her new school is opp of Grands house.

We were very pleased with our choice as we got a chance to be involved in what V is to go through for the next 1 year. Mandarin class was real interactive and DD T had a sticker for answering the teacher"s question"What is China's treasure?" "熊猫!" ya my hb quite yaya with his mandarin one ... Collected many stickers for V too! Oh did you know Singapore treasure is - sun?? The teacher told us that when LKY had to plan for tourism in singapore and knowing we don't have anything. He wrote there SUN, which is why the tourism board started planting and making it a garden city! All coz of the word sun!

We can't wait for V to start school for we think it's going to be great fun for her, am pleased with the structure of curriculum. Although I was really surprised at what they learn, dd compared and said it's really kindergarten standard and that now they just brought it forward to 2-3 yrs. No wonder I was chatting with my couz and they run few tuition centres in Singapore, told me she teach phonics for 4 years old!! I was like huh ... Today I finally understood, if V skips preschool,pre N, N and goes to Kindy straight, her base is not there *sighs

Oh well... You don't get world class standard for no reason.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Angela said...

Babe, which school are you sending Victoria to?

Unknown said...

im putting her in Our Juniors Schoolhouse babe.. just across from my ILs.. convenient for my in laws to help me out if im busy.