Saturday, January 1, 2011

Xmas fare

Just a typical Xmas supper... a tradition in the Ng's family... we eat all these every christmas eve.

So its dinner, church (depends on plans), then supper at 11pm, party/drinking session AND supper again at 3/4 am.  Damn fattening, but heck its really just once a year.

I had my camera so I decided to intro some foods we eat... on top of these few dishes there are the whole turkey and leg of ham which we have to devour for the next few days...

Now u know why I complain of being fat.... oh then we have to go every house on christmas and eat again.. Chinese new year is easy compared to this

 Mulligatawny soup - anglo indian dish but I have no idea why so christmassy about it.. it rawks !
Grandma Ng famous Devils curry.... yes no 2 eurasian lady has this recipe same
Curry Feng... the offal and meat dish.. Happs!!!!
Nonya Salad...  a pass me down recipe that I so so love!!
Grandma Ng's infamous shepherds pie... like its really her dish as  every sister in the family has their dish right? Hers is this and Siamese mee siam (out of this world!)

No comments: