Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Viral Fever

I came back from my trip and saw that V's lips were pretty red... these are signs of my child getting heaty and I was on a alert, brought her to the pool to cool down. But I guess the inevitable happened.... it was expected as the weather has been atrocious and its about time she gets the fever. On sunday during church, she started some drama and it was in my bones that she was unwell. She doesn't get into the diva mode nowadays unless in pain or discomfort, went back to my mum's, refused dinner, by the time she was in the car she claimed she has a headache.

By the next morning, she was off school and we kept her at home. By nap time it shot up to 38.8 and drove her to the PD's immediately as there was suspected HFMD in school. Well lucky for her  (or not) it was a viral fever and had medication; was warned against going to school UNTIL hfmd got cleared clean. Coz any child with viral fever gets it bad if  they catch the hfmd.... she did at massive puke in the car on Aunty Nita and by night after one does of the magic viral medication. She miraculously recovered! I have no idea if it was the puke or the meds... but there was a youtube marathon and she insisted on baking today. I had to go and get the stuffs... wanted to upload her photos but have no idea how to do on my s3. *crap

Thought today I will share with you how we keep V real healthy as the counts of her catching something is real minimal (we are pretty impressed with her record) and its important that I should share with all of you what we do.

1.She has Everon C every morning when she wakes up, before she is whisked off to school -seriously not sure if it works but think it fights pretty well.
2. When she gets back from school/walks/outings, she has to wash her hands and feet before she steps into the house, no compromise at all.
3. She gets probiotics in her milk when she is off any medication for at least 2-3 month (afternoon milk)
4. She eats fruits daily without fail- favourites being berries. Strawberries. raspeberries. blueberries, blackberries. grapes. chinese pear. apples.
5. The minute she doesn't does her poo, or her lips get red... we boil barley to be used as the water of her milk- to give her fibre. Helps to cool down her body due to heat as the weather can get crazy.
6. No chocolate, no milo or anything heaty especially in crazy weather like now.


If you realize that we never allow V to go into any heaty mode, its crazy that I have become so anal about it. But in this climate, they go into a heaty mode very fast. It attracts any form of viruses quickly... coz the body is warm and viruses multiple quickly?  I really don't know how to explain... but I look back at my childhood and this works. Another thing I am pretty strict about is sweets... I realize most kids that are sugar magnet usually fall sick fast, I guess bacteria multiples fast too in such situation.  Well, I'm not that anal that I ban them, but if she wants sweets, she need to brush that teeth... she wants that chocolate, im okie with a small piece. But milo is a nono... coz milo makes me heaty fast, I believe on days if V is heaty it makes it even worse fast. Some thing like why they allow milo during confinement? lol ...

Anyway these are the things we do daily to prevent her form common colds and flus which is working fine. We can't avoid big monsters diseases but the least we can do is help to monitor....

No comments: