Tuesday, November 6, 2012

5 weeks

man... how time has passed

I absolutely am enjoying the whole process, baby has been an angel. Besides this last few days of wind and the zero ability to sleep on her cot, all is great! We have been taking turns to carry her, like bopian, coz if not there will be more wind. Its a phase all parents go through, so...

We have sort of gotten into a nice routine, V goes up to the room at 8pm and I go up at 830-845pm with K. Yea its amazing for V, coz she sleeps at 815-830 daily ... like can die right!! hyak hyak... k/o for 12-14 hours, God loves us heaps. He decides that with a new baby, life gets tougher with the balancing act and tells his angels to whisper to V to drop her nap in the afternoon and sleep early. Woots... if Trev is overseas, the grands will deal with K when I put V to sleep. But most of the time, Trev and I will put V to sleep whilst they play with Bb. Its an amazing journey to be able to have so much time to each other as an couple with 2 kids... just not outside but in our room.

K is almost tbf now, I do give FM for the last feed and the lunch feed.  Y? coz she didn't poo and was wincing a lot... to save her from pain, we needed FM for the bulk and it is working till her system gets functional. I mean yea BF babies don't poo daily and all... but to see her suffer with wind and poo issues ain't fun.

We have been lax with the 2nd, guess at the end whatever works. K drinks water, gripe water, fm or bf- whatever is available... something V din. I suck at pumping, we bought a new pump and it was fun when it arrive but now its in the cupboard *opps. I still maintain no pacifier or yaolan, we discuss about it and decided to brave the storm instead of having to wean it off - loads easier. I have been strict about the latching too, coz V took it as habitual for a long time. So I alway latch and Trev pats K to sleep, since he claims he feels redundant when the bb is a newborn. The only time K latches and I have no idea whats up is of course the graveyard shift hahha. Most days we sleep till 10am, ya its just me ...

Tomorrow is the 1st day I'm going out on my own.. serious- we have been real good or rather me, I stayed at home the whole confinement besides Dr visit & i enjoyed it!!! Its gyane app tomorrow for postpartum checkup..

No comments: