Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mayhem .. sort of

its all worth it!
Trev has left for a biz trip

The thing about motherhood is that despite having loads of help, at the end it still boils down to U!

I couldn't work at home as I had deadline project(S)  that needs to be completed by end of this month and it has been procrastinated since the birth. Its been real tough trying to work from home, too much noise and I hate to be interrupted as its disrupt my train of thoughts. Mundane works stuffs are not a problem but this time this one needs quick and peace. So I packed all my stuffs and came to Trev office to work on it, this is after I bathe Kate, pick V up from school, lunch. So it leaves me 3 hours to seriously get things done. I drive back at 6pm, play with V - colouring, ipad games. Latch K...

My silly helper decides yesterday to put V to nap, which literally screwed my plans as V will sleep LATE. Ya my this helper as steady as can be but damn bloody forgetful la! Before I left, my instructions were - let V eat at 5pm, go to the playground, come back shower and we sleep her at 730pm. She says okie and when I came back? all was done except she included a nap .. like wth? I spoke to her nicely and she was "oh ya hor, actually I tot meant K" FML, like my newborn can have dinner and go playground. I didn't get upset but explain my case. The person nagging was my MIL to her... until my helper told her "mum, its done already, I'm sorry" hahhaha I found it funny, maybe is the way they squabble.

My helper felt really bad coz she "suddenly" realized that MY husband is not around and it means I have to deal with both myself. Anyways thank god for my MIL, who took K from 830-10 while I try to settle V. Its not that I can't put them to sleep together, but V has a tendency to want to play with K in the room. Then they both don't sleep and I DIE STANDING.
ohh the legs!

So I put V to sleep (30-45 mins with chatting on why she doesn't want to go school coz she gets beating from her friends and she has to eat horrible tasting food and that aunty teacher forces it down coz she takes too long to eat) Then go down to pick K up and latch her, then she plays tummy time with me, decides she  doesn't want to sleep, then gets cranky coz she likes to be carried. So I have to carry and dance with her (my exercise) then my back and neck aches coz she's got some weight. By then she wants to sleep and realized she is hungry and I latch again. If days she gets fussy she gets a bottle and I have to BURP HER 3 x coz she has too much wind. If I skip this she will be a non stop engine making machine for her sleep and THIS drive me mad!

After all the hullabaloos..  I still have to pat this princess to sleep coz she doesn't fall asleep at the bottle anymore *yawns. Pat pat with some motion, then I get to lie down.. when u look at the clock it is 1 am... and I can't put her down coz she hasn't gone into deep sleep. So its just me and hp, surfing....

Finally got to put her down at 130-45am, wake V for her pee and suddenly there is surge of energy and I cannot sleep *sianz.  its finally ME time. Did a bit of shopping and fell asleep. but what is great is that K allows me to sleep till close to 6am before she stirs and I just latch her. Simple. So the mayhem is just 9-1am.. oh so tired la.
                               
                        my space no more... it doesn't matter how many beds u buy.. my children sleeps terribly

I repeat the same thing today... just that before I left I reminded the whole house - NO NAP for V!




No comments: