Saturday, March 14, 2015

Back on Blogger Again

Finally made THE decision 

Gosh I miss blogging! I took a hiatus from blogging in 2014. There was a certain confusion of where my blog should steer, I was crawling out of my shell as an insecure mummy to be someone who knew exactly where she is going. My usual rants sort of died down from being an immature to a sort of "experienced" mother of 2. I started doing reviews and sharing about what was new in the market and it was a interesting learning curve. The game plan was no longer the same and I changed the direction of being Victoria-eden.blogspot to Flomummy.com as it was not apt to write under my 1st born anymore. What started as the journal of pregnancy till year 1 sort of managed a life span (thank you readers!) and soon we are arriving into year 7!


Migrating to wordpress made me felt like I have moved to a foreign land and it became hostile to staying there. Adjusting to it took too much effort and in 2015 I relook at that platform once again. I was this close to giving wordpress a 2nd chance with a new blog facelift but in the end everything steered towards DIY. It took some adjusting and I sniffed around the blogs I "grew" up in, Facebook-ed a few old OLD blogging kakis (Note CheekieMonkies thanks love!)  whose blogs resonate with me and here I am back at Blogger!


My supportive bloggers friends have been giving me loads of advice lifestinymiracles.commamawearpapashirt.comaccidental-mom-blogger.blogspot.sgdominiquegoh.com, and many few others who listened and laughed together with me on my process to be back here! Thank you all love.


So presenting a blogger template I bought on Etsy for USD $25! If you haven't gone into there yet? Omg its a shopping haven in there and it gets crazy when everything looks nice (well, nicer than your own, you know!) I narrowed to 2 and eventually "Leighton" template was the winner. Honestly, it was the other one with pastel rainbow but the HUSBAND chose this. So just to let you know, the blogger spouse gets to have ONE say since he is the one who has to lug and follow to events (which in our relationship takes ALOT *just saying)




The old header that was 3 years old and I couldn't bear looking at the highchair anymore!


Simple

This blog will still be what I love to write about especially my thoughts, the things I do daily and of course the time I spend with my children. It was a great break from events in 2014 and in these 4 days, I packed 4 events before a biz trip. So backlogs and labelling my blog *again!! will be the mission or maybe I won't bother much about the labeling la. *lazy bones. Following the 20/80 pareto rule, do the 20% will be just as efficient.


We just did 2 events and I know V loves being back blogging coz she couldn't stop hugging me today. (Guess I was not the only one who miss this aspect of our lives) It has become a part of us, to share, to inspire, to be connected.

No comments: