Thursday, January 22, 2009

The last lap

The worst stage of any pregnancy is definitely this last lap (week 36 onwards)… anything before is a breeze…

The tummy weights a ton and is at its hardest at night, especially after dinner..(my guess its about 6/7 kg..) Going out at this point is damn trying as it depletes the energy very fast. Reason being that takes double the effort just to walk through a shopping mall, trying to avoid the human traffic (note: young running children, ugly Singaporeans) and protecting your tummy from hits and bumps. I need to switch on 360 degree radar *ti ti ti*… plus Daddy Trev’s radar too *tu tu tu*… It is not helping much since it’s the festive season in Dec and Jan.

I really admire those heavily pregnant mother of 2 or 3 children, I mean their stomach is like double my size and they are so experienced they can balance themselves so well. They seem to walk through the mall with such ease and her 2-3 kids are like little ducklings following her quietly (I mean she doesn‘t even need to hold their hands, not even the husband‘s hands) The best part is that the ugly Singaporeans can sense her aura and will avoid her.

Now besides the heavy tummy, it’s the aching legs, pelvic, back. Then the swollen pig legs and hands due to water retention.

Preggers get light headed easily too, me almost blacked out a few time due to lack of oxygen.. (Twice in church, once in ntuc and once in a shopping centre) Please please never put me in crowded places where there are many other human beings stealing my oxygen, we don’t do well in areas of diluted oxygen.

Then its always so hot, of course the weather is not helping me much. I shower with cold water now even at night. The best part is that I can perspire even after a cold shower.. duh *--*

The heartburn has gotten from bad to worse, especially at night. I have to sleep on 2 propped up pillows just to prevent the juices from flowing to my mouth...

The worst part is trying to get to sleep, its so difficult to get into a nice comfortable position because of the amount of space I am already taking. During the 1-2 trimesters it takes a 3 point turn to get from left to right, now its 5 point turn with a lot of groaning.. Haha

Soon.......

No comments: