Tuesday, December 14, 2010

christmas tree

4 years ago I bought ourselves a 6 ft tall xmas tree, together with many many decorations .... its was sliver themed tree.

3 years ago I used back the tree, it was a red theme

2 years ago I didn't put it up for I was heavily pregnant and just wanted a quiet xmas with no guests

Last year we were in Sydney and we decided not to put it up

Christmas is a big deal for me and Trev, being catholics, we treasure this day very much. Its even bigger than Chinese New Year or New Years for us. Christmas starts off with a mass in church on the eve of christmas and back to Grands Ng for the traditional Christmas supper (yes its the full works at 11pm) In the past we will go be merry and come back at 5am for part 2.. but now we just drink some wines and chat. I never once miss Christmas in Singapore except for last year for that was the only time DD T could close his business to go on a holiday as a family.

Christmas Day is exactly like Chinese New Year with the greetings in the morning, EAT again... Off to Grands Tay EAT then to whose ever house the celebration is held and EAT. Drink with the cousins and talk cock and presents exchange for the kiddos. Then its usually to another house to EAT.. dangs. Boxing Day is a time we just chill at home to detox or actually eat the remains.. Traditionally the NGs cooks Xmas Eve and boxing day.. so its really just more food.

Back to my Xmas tree story... when we moved here 4 years ago, I got all excited and had a hard time choosing MY tree as its a damn big thing to have a tree in a new place. I chose a massive looking one with sparkles, Damn Happenings.!.. regret Why? coz my floor was filled with them and Bam Bam was a sliver sparkling dog for 2 years. So now I refused to put it up....

So its off to get ourselves a tree this year, DD T decided on the tree this time before I make another mistake.


He chose something real small so that he doesn't have to do so much housework... can tuck it nicely in one corner just to feel festive. This is what happens when the man buys things.. oh well

Yes.. my gal doesn't like to wear clothes... the angmo genes very strong or is that kampong genes?

No comments: