Friday, April 22, 2011

Holy week

Was the holy week and we were busy going church... On good friday was just me and V as DD T had to go back office to finish up a quotation as he is flying off on monday. V was well behaved in church and she seem to have gotten the hang of attending mass without the need of much "toys". We didn't get much done as it's holy week and I never had the habit of going out clubbing or feasting during this time as it's mourning time. Many a times I get invitation to indulge or even go out but I will just say at home. It's the same for the eve of Chinese new year, I never go out . Its strictly just family time... Now that I'm writing it, it seems rather odd hahahah.

V is starting to pray and actually will kneel during mass! Today, she knelt down on her chair, head down, for the whole offertory session. We adults including the aunties around was just observing her and smiling at how a two year old is making such effort in praying. Today I decided it's time to teach her "'The Lord's Prayer". I believe as parents regardless of whatever religion we are brought up or intending to bring the child in, do finds fulfilment when the child has becomes responsive to it by their actions.



Here is her choosing her sunday's best to visit church. She really does make a point to dress well.


Saying her prayer, not taught by us.. But truly something she picked up.



Just a cute photo, aprons from Barcelona from her jie jies when they were there for a holiday...

Happy Easter people!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: