Monday, April 4, 2011

Virus or not?

So last week she complain of sore throat and after 2 visits to the PD, Dr decided to put her on antibiotics, sambucol, cholormine to ensure that there wasn't any inflammation that will prolong her illness. After the 2nd visit, V stopped complaining about her throat.

But just 2 days ago, while in the final stages of still taking the antibiotics... Suddenly had fever like 38.8 while taking her nap! Like panicked I tell u ... We gave get paracetamol to keep the fever in control but was still warm and hovered around 38-ish. She was all whiney and the attention she got was hardcore! Sponging her every few minutes, temperature taking every hour hahaha .. Hahaha my inlaws are very drama ppl, DD T included , I was however at our monthly mummies dinner, nonchantlant of the ongoings. Grandpa Ng was very particular about fever as his friend's child had a failed kidney coz of high fever.

The reason we all got panicky is also because V is on antibiotics and she shouldn't fall sick, right?? So the next day she woke up all right and fever started to rise after lunch and high in the evening. Damn crappy ... We or rather I sucked at dealing with illnesses as V hardly falls sick. We controlled it and on Sunday morning, DD T wanted to go Mt A 's A&E to get her checked but I was against it as they are just GP not PD ... Went to church and waited for her fever but it never came, asked My FB mummies friends and realized it pretty common and we slack a little. Bought neurofen as backup from the pharmacy...

Decided to bring her the Tays as her cousins were all there.. Got scolded by my Sis who saw DD T checking her temperature every so often hahahaha. She was like "aiyo so many times already, just feel la!" well after all she is a mother of 3. The fever never came back...

Oh the best part of everything was , I asked this mummy of 3.. "my gal having fever but she is on antibiotics., y huh?" her answer was "she growing, after every unexplainable fever there comes either is a grown spurt or new something" hmm 2 person told me the same thing.. I wonder wonder wonder...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: