Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Disney Junior

Well, guess who was invited to the launch? Seriously think this child has all the goodness one can have for a 2 1/2 years old. 

So we were invited to go Sentosa for a day of fun, laughter and of course Mickey Mouse! I got all excited, I mean who doesn't like him? The invite was for me as a blogger mummy to go check out the day and seriously they didn't expect me to write anything (I think?) Who am I to kid and miss out this awesome post for my readers right??

The day started real early on a sunday morning, we were up at 7am.. the princess refused to get up. After all the bribing of her going to see mickey mouse didn't work, for I think she doesn't know what she is in for! even I didn't know what I was in for...

small stoning
Yes it was hot but who am I to kid, its Sentosa! Poor V was drenched through just 1/2 hour into the event. We went around the compound to take photos with the cartoon boards, she commanding me to take for her :( She had a similar pose all the time, pose with one finger in the air.





The event finally started and they had games prepared for us! Was great fun trying to go to all the stations to complete our tasks. We had bravery station, reading station, memory station, teamwork station each teaching V and learning through play. It was certainly very well thought of....

1) At the Handy Mandy station it was a task of teamwork and we were to hoist a sail up together. But DD T ended up hoisting with the seaman while V watched hahha!

2) At Reading station it was themed together with Word World and we were suppose to find alphabets in a pool of letters and form them. I love this game, think its really fun for parties and teaches the children spelling in a fun way!

3) The Bravery station was Agent Oso's and we were to shoot down bottles using our water gun!!

4) Last of all was the memory station, using the similar quadrant in the Mickey Mouse clubhouse. V was asked to remember the things she was to search while in the maze. She sort of didn't want to do it as it was getting real hot now.

At every station, we got ourselves a stamp and a little gift too!!












the goodie bag after completing the challenge!

We went back to the shelters to get our photos taken and queued for MICKEY MOUSE!!


 V even got a chance to sign on the wall of fame, seriously she has the treatment of a superstar. I never even got a chance to sign on something or rather handprint on a wall. Little famous child..... Now comes the BEST part of all.

We were given a voucher to meet and greet the celebrities! who else right? V had a opportunity to take one by herself! We wanted to walk away after she took the photo but Mickey called us to take a family photo! yippee right! if you check out the photo, Minnie actually held on to DD T's arms, something he was bragging about for a long time. V had a chance to kiss both of them goodbye after the photo taking. 





We got down the stage and was asked to stay behind as we need to take photos for a VIP. I was like huh I'm not a VIP what. But still hung around as we weren't sure what was it all about and the girl spoke to Dd T not me. V got irritated and wanted to do some colouring as high of the event was over. So we walked to the tables but was called backed after 5 mins to wear her pirate hat. then I finally understood what the girl was saying. V was chosen as the 10 children to take a photo with the VIP.. blur us parents. 



Tell me if you see V's photo somewhere K! it was taken with Vp of Disney and Starhub etc. I was not listening to the VIP as I was busy taking photos kekeke. Did I not say it was a great day for her??? I'm jealous ....

Oh and after this photo, when Mickey and Minnie adjourned backstage ... she wailed! inconsolable.... it lasted 1/2 hour... like omg! It didn't stopped even we walked to wavehouse to have our refreshment. Then today she told us she cried coz she didn't get to hug Mickey mouse goodbye.. awwwwww..

We did discuss about making a trip to disneyland, but I told Dd T this.. never in Disneyland can she get so much time with Mickey up close and personal. Seriously in my opinion she is real blessed to see an icon .... even I was high with endorphins. Hahaha

No comments: