Thursday, August 16, 2012

34 weeks

Visited the gynae today...

We decided on donating the cord blood and had a grueling interview (questionnaire) to fill up. Like omg the questions!! Only if the husband was here... It will be loads easier! Anyway,donating the cord blood is a great idea for the society as many ppl will get a chance of life with this opppotunity :) . If we do need the blood in future, there will be a nominal fee to pay (if it's still available), sibling pays $250 & if we need to take others from the cord bank, it costs $26,000. It feels great to have come to this decision, we kept V's cord blood and found that it was pretty redundant as its a better chance for the society to make use of it. God will have his plans....

Baby development : bb is crazily heavy at 2.8kg ! Yep I have another 6 weeks which means by is going to be huge... How fun for the delivery :( . Dr expected bb to be even heavier than V, who was 3.42kg at birth (already a toughie to get her out) lets see if this one will hit 4kg. It's really amazing if you see me and tat my tummy is tiny but inside is a heavyweight. No wonder l weigh heavier this round! I have not change my dressing expect for some tight fitting dresses the I bought at L size, but I don't wear any maternity dresses or rather didn't buy any. Yea body is pretty much the same ... That day I did makeup training class and after the class, the ladies was asking me to go clubbing with them! I was like "hello I'm expecting" ! Trust me it was only then the looked carefully at me and was shocked! Lol .. They thought I was just bloated... Bleah....

The discomfort has increased, with the irritating heartburn nightly... The stomach is getting really heavy and is sometimes almost impossible to get up once I lie down :(

Today I paid for my stay in kkh and it's estimated low of  $4.7k, high of $5.6k. Like how did hospitals get so expensive ;(.... Medisave covers $2k+ and I signed with my credit card for $2649!! Yikes... It's an increase of $800 since our last birth at 2009... And they so called renovated the rooms hahaha... If you do the sums, Dr consultations are on the average $100 with the test at 3months -$300 +, detail scan $400 + ...  Like today there was swap test for strep b $150+, increased visitation, vitamins, pills .. Believe it has reached $2k.  

Calculated of using cash is $2k & $2.6k = $4.6 k (minimum) let's just round up to $5k per child without calculating medisave. Hmm.


No comments: