Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Potty training



Princess has been a darling most of the time, with the exception when she doesn't nap - the crankiness is to die for!! We have successfully potty trained her, yea there are accidents but till date like 3-4 times; always under the father's care. *sigh

She started to be off diapers for school for about the whole of this year already, started when teachers commented on the interest in using the toilet when her friends are doing so. Then we went potty shopping and she got herself a nice yellow potty with cover and all. Started her daily on potty at home, then came that rash she caught outside (which means she is still on diapers outside till date). Night potty training started about 3-4 months ago and has been successful!  I did it the cold turkey way, no pull up even. Prep talks every night and eventually she got it right. Pees before she drinks milk, pees after if she is still awake.

Every human/child alike sleeps in 90 mins block and so I will always time her 1st cycle. If she sleeps at 9pm, we will pick her up to do a pee at 1130am. Then the next pee by experience is 3 cycles later at 5-6pm. If its a week end and we will wan to sleep in late, we will do a pee at 2 am before we sleep and so it will last till 8-9am.

Normally V sleeps at 10-ish, so I will do the 1st pee break at 1or 2 am before I sleep and Trev will do a 6am. He has tried to be lazy and skips either one but V always is quicker than him. Then he gets a scolding from me, for being lazy. Yea there are days I don't have pee duties for baby carrying drives me tired. But 80% of the time I am in...

Next round is to go diaper less outside, but we are holding it back till she can hold it real well... sleep training is the milestone I was aiming for and we are 80% there. Just gotta wait till she is older when she can auto wakeup and do it herself or hold it in for min 10 hours. I know that will be about when she is 4/5 years old.

No comments: