Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lunar 4 months!

Yea it was her Lunar 4th month, so it was time for something fun!!

With V's 4th month, I happen to read about this hokkien custom which I thought was pretty fun. We weren't prepare and got V to taste a big mac and a KFC drum stick hahhahah. Nope I didn't really know the logic behind, just know its gotta do with having good food to eat all her life. Now with Kate , I did do a little of research.

Bb Kate has been drooling heaps and so I decided to include her 2 more "acts" to help her along with the teething. I will explain the acts and its significance.

Chicken drumstick, 12 marie biscuits, 2 sprigs of chives
12 Marie biscuits :

I got the SMALL ones coz traditionally the parents HAVE TO FINISH OFF EVERYTHING.  Trev is overseas and so I am so not going to finish up everything!!! Traditions states it has to be stringed together, hang it like a necklace and touch every single biscuit to baby lips. Recite "Qit Ta Ta" Hokkein means wipe dry dry) is suppose to help baby to stop drooling. I got everyone at home to help me eat the biscuits, I reckon they must help out too right?

Koo Chai:

Take 2 sprigs and rub the veg on the gums. This is suppose to help her go through her teething with minimum pain!

Chicken Drumstick:

We bought this $3.50 drumstick from the chicken rice store. I was suppose to let her taste the oil of the drumstick and rub it across her lips. This is so that the child will be blessed with good food always. Some say its so that she will not be a fussy eater.

iIknow she looks pretty dressed up, all I said was dress her up and voila , headband and all. 
one by one.. my version was in english. 
rubbing the koo chai, look at her surprised look! not a veggie girl, i believe  
tasting the chicken drumstick.. loving it!
Verdit: still drooling puddles...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this made me laugh! from her expressions till your last line :P

Unknown said...

hahhaha... im glad it made u happy :)

Unknown said...

hahhaha... im glad it made u happy :)