Saturday, June 15, 2013

Bam Bam surgery

We discovered her lump on her chest few months back, googled and it seemed like fat lump. Mainly because it was soft and is a common thing amongst fatter dog. She is slightly over at 8.5kg.. opps. But just about last month, my mum thinks that the lump was growing and insisted that we get it checked.
At the vet, Dr felt that the lump was slightly attached to the muscles. Initial diagnosis was that it may or may not be cancerous. Looking at history, she had her ligation when she was a puppy and so her female hormones are low. This however does not prevent her from getting lumps - cancerous or not. She suggested on removing for a piece for mind. She however left the decision to me, but shared that as dog ages, the skin thins and she has cases that the lump ruptures.  She too did not guaranteed that with removal of lump that it will not happened again. Dogs has 8 boobies and it may happen again.
I walked out pretty bend on the operation, for I went through a breast lump operation before. I understand the meaning of "removing for a peace of mind". Called trev n he was keen on the operation. Before I left, insisted on consulting another senior vet. He has seen Bam Bam from puppy days, he too recommended that we remove it. For he feels that we should treat each lump as a potential cancer lump.  So I booked her operation, full blood test, teeth scaling.
On the day of Op Trev & I took the time off to accompany her -Just being suportive parents. We were there at 930, by the time the tests were completed, it was 1045. Left to visit a friend who had dengue and went back office to do some work. At 4pm, I called and she hasn't gone into operation!! @.@  Poor child must be suffering.
Anyway at 7pm, she was up and about. Thank god! Had a review and the lump was all fats!! Phew.. total peace of mind. $500 well spent! We thought it will come up to 1k or something. 2 weeks later we will have to go back yo remove the stiches and have her review.
So for now, since im blogging from my hp , here are some unedited photos from my hp.

No comments: