Monday, June 24, 2013

Rant post

I think its been a while since I do a rant post. But, I'm just going to do one just to feel better.

We have been staying as an extended family for slightly 1.5 years. It hasn't been smooth sailing always but the benefits always outweigh the negatives. But yesterday it made me all wondering if this can last how much longer. Its a silly little thing but hey I'm staying with women and they are silly in their own right. The most patient person that exist in this house has to be the daughter-in -law - ME. Mainly because a family is usually made of their little quirks and an outsider do not understand it much. Really....

The family has 2 helpers, one for mine and the other for my in laws. Most of you must be wondering why the necessity for 2, but if the dowager needs, she gets. Trev and I do not bother much about the household, mainly because you do not interfere with the system that is not yours. We pay and spend most of the time outside working or hanging abouts in the room. But the odd things is that when the helpers don't do their job, its our problem. The thing about me is that I hate macro managing, its just not my style. I do not like when I have to deal with how the plates are washed or the how the bedsheets are dried. To me its a task and you just have to do it, how you do it, is not my problem. The only thing i check regularly are things on my children - the foods, their clothes and how they are bathe.

I am a simple person if dinner doesn't appeal to me, I drive out to eat. If I need space, I get out of the house. If I am busy.. u don't see me from morning till night, I will appear just to breastfeed BB Kate and zoom out again. Yes its so so so simple. But this morning I have to deal with macro managing 2 people and hear my hb rants on them. Both of us are lost on what we can do and I have a good mind to send one away just to let the family feel that life has been TOO good for them and yet find the time to grumble/nitpick on the them. Yes, I do understand complacency sets in but its the person who sees it to set the pace. Do not accumulate and dump it on us to clear up. Its the worse type of leadership! To me its pure bullying..

Yes, as you can tell, I am irritated. This school holiday needs to end so... I am in the house too long!!




No comments: