Monday, August 2, 2010

18 months

Speech: 

Her vocab has gone way beyond my expectations. But if you do see her, I'm sorry lar she won't chatter. Weird this child. But at home, like OMG she can go on and on and on.... Did I mention on and on and on?

So she can all everyone at home.. that is all 10 of us..  can't call the dogs yet, they all are just called DOG that "woh woh".  Says "please, drink, eat, food, pasta, bread, bis (biscuits), rice" 3 weeks ago, I always get con when ever I ask her " bread or pasta? " she will say pasta .. So I will cook or order pasta... but as days goes by I realized she doesn't understand what I mean by the the word OR! She will always repeat my last word.. like WTH... so as time pass. I will show her the items for us to communicate and it gets better.  Sometimes I think talking to a child is actually quite difficult, there are times I end up asking her "This or This" hahahha like what a difference right? I think V will think Mummy is teaching her the word "this".

She is starting to say words that mean, few weeks ago it was just plain repeating but now she actually means it. By telling me: "Bathe" when her diaper is full, "Poo Poo" to wash her bum, "Clean" her hands when its dirty, "Wash" when she is done, "Out" when she wants out of the seat, "Shoes" when she wants to get out of the house. Plus alot of others, I totally cannot remember.

But one thing she damn bloody clever to see now is "NO". best part is she will pout her lips in a shape of O and say "NOooooooo" or she will wager her finger and say "No".  Ask her want to sleep, "No", want to go home "NO". Somethings we will ask her can say yes .. the she will entertain us by saying "yes" .. then later wager her finger and say "NO" *shakes head*

Its really interesting to see everything unleashing.. I mean there was this one day I bought a packet of balloon (something Grandma Tay plays with her.. she n Bam Bam will chase balloons around the house), she pulled out a ballon and ask me "blow blow".. so I asked her what colour and she said "purple" I was like walau eh, purple lei and she knows. I guess its the saying that you get surprises when one has no expectations. I believe her word counts is about 30-50 now.

She has started linking her words together ever since that one night, She was doing her head stands on the bed, chanting "daddy, mummy, barbie" we were like what is barbie? but she kept repeating and repeating, until we realized it was baby.. coz we call her baby rite? So she went for 2 hours repeating her self, but then DD T and I was already falling asleep. (I'm sure you all know how tiring it is to put a child to sleep but yet the adults fall asleep 1st.) So she finally sleep and within the next few days, she started linking words.. haha so actually that night she was just practicing with words she most familiar with! I really do have a very interesting child....

Its is becoming a lot easier to reason with her though, I will tell her why she shouldn't do this or that and she will nod her head and not do so. Sometimes I will tell her how disappointed I am with her for making me upset and she will come and hug me. Hahah damn cute!  Just that day me and DD T was lying on the bed and she refused to sleep. So I gave her warning and by the 3rd, I raised my voice and told her that "This is the 3rd time mummy is asking you to sleep, did mummy not give you any warning? " she sat there in between our pillows, nodded her head. "So are you going to sleep now?" she looks at me and said "yes"... puts her head down on the bed and got comfortable. So I further said "You are a big gal now... So mummy and daddy will be very proud of you if you don't wake up for your night feed. Yes?" she got up and looked at both of us and nodded. We will see you in the morning when the sun rises...and V has never woken up for her night feed since then whahahah... though we still must remind her everynight. (She used to be able to sleep through until when she started teething again, so now that she has her full set, I believe is a good time for her to resume training)

to be continued....

No comments: