Saturday, March 16, 2013

Need to talk to the husband

Been getting busy .. sort of

I think the brain is on overdrive again.... I have discovered that its on overdrive because the husband has not been around to listen to me. As a couple, despite our odd schedule... we always make that one point and that is to share what we have been up to almost daily. But last 3 weeks, Trev has been on 2 weeks reservist and then 1 week biz trip. We had 2 nights together but he was so tired from army, sleep and catch up on work was more important.

I will have him back tonight and soon he will be going on another trip to Vegas - long trip which means he will busy himself with his backlog of work that he already didn't get to organise. I better plan a date night to catch up man!

Whenever he is away, my workload increases coz of V's school... then I have to hold fort at home coz no one is at home. Which means endless driving and tightening of time coz its not really nice to disappear too long. Its a mad rush daily, I get to do some work during lunch while waiting for V sometimes , if not is a lunch appointment. Pick her up, go back to latch baby Kate. By 430, I'm out if I do have another appointment. I need to come back *try by 9pm o catch Kate's last feed and put both to sleep- single handedly. But if all things fail, my helper n MIL are there to hold fort.

Last 1 week was crazy, meeting and emails endless. I wanted to blog but rest was took a priority still. Today, we went to Vs school family day.. brought the gang out and treated them nice lunch and bought stuffs for them. They have been really helpful in my career. But it also occur to me bringing 4 adults and 2 kids are DAMN COSTLY. I spent so much today... *anyways...

Its not always such but when it happens it gets to be what I am feeling now - overdrive.

I need to talk.. to the husband. Coz by talking my mind clears up. Do you have the same issue as me?

1 comment:

qiuxian said...

I understand where you're coming from. My husband often travels for work and when he's back, he'll be tired out from the flight and most times, he will try to catch up on sleep and there's hardly time to really talk. And I also have to single handedly put both my kids to sleep at night, so tiring! But let's all hang in there! :)