Monday, August 29, 2011

Swimming for Bam Bam

I needed to pamper my princess... the 1st one :) 

We frequent Greenwood alot,  the father and daughter loves the pizza in Peperoni's. There was one time we walked into the pet shop there and saw a swimming pool! It got me excited as I always saw it on Tv but never knew where it existed in Singapore. It was a 35-40 mins session at $30 (towel dry) $60 (basic grooming) $70 (full grooming). The dog gets a personal trainer to be in the pool which rawks!  So I made plans told my mum, but never really got to doing it. (as usual ) My mum keeps asking me but I kept pushing it.. but this month I really didn't feel like working and so I took time off to bring the children out for stuffs :)

Contemplated to bring V along but decided against it as Bam Bam may be fearful and might hang on to me. V will get jealous and hang on to me too ...  So brought my mum along instead, to let her see what is up. 

Bam Bam was totally scared! She didn't know what to expect... but thank goodness for a awesome trainer who prep her well and gave her enough rests during her 35 mins session. Even gave her a stretching session to loosen her muscles. The only complain he has is that Bam Bam need to lose some weight lol. Tummy was slightly big which makes swimming tough. He suggested that we should get the glucosamine for dogs to line her hips to prevent failure from old age.

preparing 
check out her scared look!
acting pro
a rest to clam her nerves
not as frightened now
chilling out at the ramp
I think the pool is too small... but for $30 .. anything la
giving me the evil eye
finally calmed down
getting aligned
and massaged!
think she shiok kena


totally at bliss
When we were there, we met Toby a retriever who has phobia of the water :( His owners threw him into the pool when he was a puppy and expected him to swim but failed. He never once jumped into the pool after that which was sad. so the owners sends him for weekly lessons to train him. I saw him swim, it was beautiful.... straight and confident :) There was a schnauzer, Sparky at 2 years old is suffering from back problem. so poor thing you know.. the owner makes the helper walk him from tanglin to river valley and back everyday, that was not just it. The owner comes back and cycles while he runs after him.. then at 2 years old , he was diagnosed with back problem and was not allowed to run anymore. So sad. So he comes to swim for therapy...

They have a pickup and drop program at $15 both ways which sounds real good. So I have decided to let Bam swim monthly, its great exercise for her. Not expensive if its just towel dry. $45 seems reasonable. Hope she likes my decision.....
came home , pleased
after spending $95 + glucosamine
but we do anything to make them happy. I'm looking for spa session for pets, anyone knows where?

No comments: