Tuesday, April 30, 2013

12 days

We have been in my parents place since last wednesday, my parents are away and we came over to housesit.

It has been amazing to be lone, just the 4 of us, a help and Bambam. So blissful.

For those who are independently staying on their own would not understand what peace means hahhahah.  For me this is space, the space I deprive myself of since we moved to my in laws. No noise, no loud chatter, no shouting for 1st storey to 3rd, no crazy dogs barking incessantly. Pure peace.

Today is the greatest example, the children were in the bedroom by 745pm and asleep by 9pm. They will wake up at 9am the next morning fresh. This has always what I aspire but doesn't seem to work at home, dinner starts 745pm and the chit chat ends 9pm. So by the end etc etc.. late.

I have also been cooking, something that I have stopped since I moved out of my own place. One should never cook in the mother in law's kitchen, I steer clear from there. We have been whipping up old dishes feeling like the good old days. My sister came over last sunday and we literally messed up the whole place! The kids were crazy and we didn't have to bother about being tiny and neat. Yea my mum is pretty strict... so we were let loose which was crazy fun!

Trevor gets to play his Xbox as we don't watch much TV here, just want to chill out and do our own things. I get to use the laptop peacefully! Think my parents place has this aura, we both feel like we are on a staycation. hmm actually it is a staycation.

No comments: