Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The X

Today was one of bizarre day that makes u wonder WTH just happen?

I got into my new office early and cheery, had to do the "opening" ritual of sending emails - basically do something business like.. Oh yes, I got myself a new office! Its in TripleOne Somerset *smiles... I love it in case u cannot tell!!

Did lunch and went for a parenting workshop, things I do to be current. hehe

My Gf and I collected our goodie bag which consists of an umbrella, like weee... *cheapos. I so am aunty when it comes to goodie bags. I did give away the 900 g of milk powder to one of the mummies  sitting at my table.. not relevant, umbrellas are more! You see the odd mentality? $45 vs $5 ....

Back to my story...

We introduced each other and started doing the mummy talk, exchanging our phones and proudly showing the children photos. The usual mummy behaviour around the universe isnt it?  Then one mummy from my table

"Are you from SJC? "
"Eh, ya... do I know you?"
"oh we have common friends.. xxx, xxx, xxx and xxx"
"U from there too?" Stares at her hard... "but I don't recognise u, which year?"
Stumbles... "I think u will know XX"
"Yes of course I know XX" (XX btw is the EX)
"How's he? We spoke recently, he called to ask me about our stylist  contact no, the one that we visit together"
"Oh really?"

Chatter , chatter , chatter amongst each other... sharing etc.
The mummy left to go toilet and didn't return. We were like , maybe she went shopping hahhaha.

2 hours later, my hp started to ring. All these while Stephanie Sun was sharing ....

The EX

"Hello, so u met the wife"
"Ya she was seated at my table, so small the world, we were surprised"
"Oh she got angry with me for calling u, she thinks its more than that"
"WTF u talking about? its a hairstylist number"
"Yes, she is pissed at me calling you cause I didn't tell her"
"Eh please what fxxking nonsence u talking about, a call and so much drama?
"Yes, she think I was not honest"
"Wa, do u need me to give u advise, this is crap."
"Does Trev knows I called"
"Huh, u asking me a very odd question, is a hairstylist no!!"
"Can U ask Trev to call me, maybe he can help me out"
"Can, but he very busy, so am I .. gotta go"

Has to be the world oddest conversation I had in the world! Like you don't see the Ex in like years and suddenly bang... *teenage relationship drama.

I send a long text to Trev which he obviously ignored, I am just thankful he didn't send me a wtf u talking reply hahhaha.

Whilst I was latching baby Kate and putting her to sleep, we chatted over this. He too agreed that something must have happened to give the wife such insecurity and its pitiful. Oh if u are thinking, why so odd... Trev and I are great friends with my EXs. We hang around and all.. I mean we still see one of my ex every other month and celebrate xmas or new years together. Yea that crazy. Its just me and Trev is great like that.

I mean, he got married about the same time as me which can be about 7 years (oh trev and I just celebrated out 7th wedding anniversary on sunday over a bowl of ramen hahaahahahha) has 2 sons and yet the wife has to "investigate" me via facebook. If we calculate backwards, 7 + 5 years of courtship is 12 years ago .. *dinosaur age. She still can be bothered to do all this. My gf was like, "Ya what all ex check on all ex", I was like " eh sister, so free ah, go and waste time to check."

To me, all marriage should start on a white sheet of paper. Whatever was done in the past are lessons and please don't bring it over to a marriage.  I had ever have the craziest convo with girlfriends who still miss their exs, compares the husband... like seriously?

This has to be the silliest phone call I had, the last few about my another ex is pale in comparison to this one. For the drama-ness of this, just wins hands down.  FYI, she didn't come back from the toilet. Guess emotions got the better of the relationship and is something the ex (me) and her husband can never help.

2 comments:

MummyMOO said...

You know ah... a LOT of women (and men) are like that. Initially I couldnt understand it, because like you - me and the EXs are friends. Hubs know of them as well, in fact, I banter on FB with them on their walls.

Friends what, hor?

But not everybody can understand that. It's like many men don't tell their wives things (vice versa) simply because they cannot hack the truth. So sometimes it's better to not tell them, to save them the explanations over nothing.

THEN suddenly the wife finds out, and it becomes that some harmless innocent crap is suspicious because there was non disclosure.

No ending one lah. I don't think that the marriage is shaky or there's anything wrong... it's perhaps that she is just being a typical insecure wife.

Unknown said...

I totally agree with u..

I guess most girls are not like us, who are okie with breaking off amicably. Most have a grudge or hurt maybe. So they assume that everyone goes through this.

I even had a gf who ever told me she regretted marry her hb coz she loves her ex alot till now. Like *opps

For me, over is over... life goes on. Nice to know that u are like that too