Thursday, February 10, 2011

Progress in playgroup (Day 3)

Day 3: I decided not to send her as we decided that her drama-ness intensifies with me around. So Grandma Ng and Aunty Nita driven by Grandpa Ng and DD T brought her to school (while I slept in , as she has been real sticky last 2 days and it took alot of me for I absolutely cannot work ) She was dropped off at the gate, though there was lots of grumbling, one teacher managed to take her away from them..

I received more photos and she seemed to do real well :)

Grandma Ng and Aunty Nita picked her up as they felt that they promised her so I left the duty to them while I worked. They came back so happy and reported what happen in school today, telling me that she was telling them stories on their way back home kekeke. I spent 2 hours with her before I ran out for meetings. (drama-ness & sticky-ness included)

doing my work with Elly

concentrating during lesson
getting into activities



sitting down with friends for circle time
Initiated to go up for demonstration (omg my JG works!!)




Ta-da ... guess who??





yeah Im done!



mummy I'm eating noodles soup.. yummy!
Trying to show a funny face when teacher asked me ;)
Mummy I'm eating banana

Her sms: yes she's better settled today. had a few short cries before 10am, longer interval and shorter duration for each as compared to yesterday. More settled through mid of lesson as she's captivated by teacher's picture cards, songs and games. after that no more whining at all. Asked for mummy in between routine transition but is able to accept reasoning.

We're glad she is taking it well too ;) but keeping our fingers crossed first as we do come across children who display bigger reaction on 2nd wk!

1 good things is that Victoria is very vocal and her ability to express her needs and emotion through words is good, this does reduce her anxiety to some extent. She understands what has been explained or reasoned to her, hence able to accept better as well

* note all captions were provided by Mrs Sim... 

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ry starts on Wednesday and I'm kinda dreading it, like I'm sending her to prison :(

Unknown said...

for ur case, pls dont relent.. for u dont have a choice.

its not prison la, she actually likes it there! let me do a write up for the preparation part