Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Uncle Roy's 60th

Although sick.... I had to attend

DD T and me were back to One Altitude the next day for my uncle's 60th birthday, I sort of persuaded him to hold it there as I had a good deal from my close friend and hell the place was nice! Like the ideal place to hold a 60th birthday, to be seen and heard right?

I grew up with uncle roy, like literally..... He is the uncle of my ex, means I knew him since I was 16? hmm 16 years now... gosh how time passes by huh? I grew up 1-7 with my nanny, 7-16 with my parents, 16-21 them, 18-30 with the airline, 27-32 with Trevor... sort of la. That family plays a very important part in my character building, they have a very strong family bond, going on trips together, meeting up almost fortnightly. Which is why at 32 I still see them almost every few months hahahha, even after we broke up, I visited his parents every Christmas without fail. Yes I have very good up bringing.. and now trevor sees them very often too. Its sort of weird for him in the beginning that he has to hang around with my ex but he got used to it after awhile. He is all okie if I go clubbing with my ex too and always remind me to call him coz he pays my drinks and picks me, sends me etc. Trevor is not a clubber, he likes playing xbox, simple man.... or he rather drinks in the coffeeshop. *very boring But they say successful marriage is made up of 2 individuals who leads their own lives.

But on days like these, Trev will come out with me.... he is a hot favourite with everyone as my husband makes himself very comfortable and can hold conversations very well. I busied myself with the event while he hung around at the smokers corner... The rain threatened the party twice but it was a scare! Uncle Roy enjoyed himself very much and it was really pleasant as a niece to see him celebrating his 60th with 60 friends and family!! Like his speech to us, all a man wants at 60 is to have great friends and close family by his side... I wish to be like him when I turn old! I hope to be able hold a party and in it has my children's friends!! 

Uncle Roy always tell me how he has my photo sticker (which we took when we were very young) that sticks on his photo frame that sits in his office of the high court. I gave to it to him when he was DPP and his office was in Winsland to now a district judge whose office in High Court.... how he looks at it every day before his court hahahah. I always tell him the best gift to him is that I stayed out of trouble and never once saw him in his office!!! 




No comments: