Sunday, February 13, 2011

Separation anxiety

On friday she showed signs of separation anxiety, we kinda expected it as there was a change in daily doings. Its the toughest on the mother, what's new right? She woke up a few times in the night looking for me, sudden screams and DD T told me she had alot to eat for dinner, 30 mins of cereal from the cereal prawns... so I concluded it could be a full dinner.

Saturday was real rough after JG as she insisted on being in the driver seat and "drive" but I never succumb to anything that gotta to do with safety. Which makes me a excellent crew right? hahahh That day my girlfriend was complaining on how she has to carry her 22 months old girl on her lap -DRIVING every morning to work and back! I fainted... of course like all mothers there will always be reasons like she doesn't sit in her car seat and how there was once she was dangling from her carseat head down.. etc. But I told her straight.. safety can never be compromised! I am very strict on things like this, there should never be bargaining on situations like this. Like how V never gets to stand on the escalator with me, or that she must hold my hands when we are walking along the road and has walk on the inside. I never give in!

Back to saturday, V never behaved like this before but I settle here in 20 mins and drove off while she sits in her seat, then came the grumbling! She wanted milk, hello we just had lunch? but they whining went on and on, then it turned to tears and more drama. So had no choice but to get off the expressway and prepared her milk... sat behind with her, fed her milk then she decides that she wants me to carry and the whole things lasted 30 mins or so. She pointed to everything on that street "what this ? what this? what this?" she finally got bored and agreed to sit in her car seat while I drove off quickly. Then the grumbling started "mummy carry , carry , carry" I swear I never had this for the longest time!!!! It seems I have to retrain her in her carseat, *faint.

Sunday was carry, carry, carry... think I gotta pull out the sling for she is no longer light.  I took it in my stride as I know school causes mayhem to the child. Then the stickiness is pengs.... Max to the max. DD T can't help me in anything.. it's just me and me. Tomorrow starts week 2, omg I think it will peak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohdeargawd :(