Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Love

just spent the last whole hour on the bed watching the eulogy


Like OMG lor, my eyes was overflowing... so touching.  Its like a great love story for all to see and appreciate. To have a life long companion is the most blessed thing, the ability to accept the other's nonsense and giving all out just because of love.

When I was watching the eulogy on Tv, DD T took a quick nap while we were on the bed trying to put V to sleep. This is something we try to do everyday together with her. In the past we will take turns to lie down with her while the other does their own things; housework, xbox or me on my laptop. But in recent months, we have been making a point to sleep together with her, a time we both have decided to spare after the mayhem of the day. Just lying there on the bed with her, talk to her as a family and us as husband/wife.

I really don't know how we started this habit but its really a very healthy thing to do. Sometimes taking time out for each other is really very important. Like today I was crying while watching  (yes I'm a super cry baby) and he woke up coz he heard my chokes, tapped on me, told me its all okay. But of course he knows I am like that la and it was his way of showing his concern. Then I remembered at one point when LKY's daughter was giving her eulogy, LHL took his jacket, wore it and HC wanted to talk to him or something... then both their heads knocked into each other. DD T said "see, this shows how often they talk to each other!" I knew he made this statement just me make me laugh and I really appreciated it; coz it made me giggled.

Today I learnt that she is one woman I want to emulate, she taking time off her career for 1 yr for her birth of her 1st child; honest how many successful women can do this? The way she balanced her life so well to groom her children, take over the role when LHL's had his 1st loss by nurturing his children, write letters to her children - which reminds me of my mum hahaha, my mum writes post it and sticks it everywhere, or letters when she cannot put across her thoughts to my behaviour or her concerns. Cute right? It a great calling for me to learn how to distribute my love for everyone.

A perfect role model who reminds me that the most effort to maintain in life is not money, career, parenthood, but a love that can last a life time.. a love affair just like LKY n KGC

No comments: