Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Me and Mary Kay

remember my birthday wish last year? http://victoria-eden.blogspot.com/2009/11/happy-birthday.html

I never knew that by writing my thoughts have such have a effect in my new career. I found something that I truly love!!!

It all started as.... just to use their products as I was to go back to flying remember? Then I got so good doing it as it doesn't eat into my time with V; with fantastic time management and family support! I am on track to be Mary Kay's 1st 10th sales director.. woots woots. We have only 8 sales directors now here in Singapore and so I'm so excited about it!

I realized and was very clear to me that I wouldn't be happy with a 9-5 job, for the enthusiasm in me is very contagious and dealing with it behind a desk is very not me. My strengths is that I am a very people person and can chat with anyone anytime and absolutely love love love fun! Though I don't exactly have the sales blood in me *opps something I'm learning hard, but I have man managements skills that my previous company has so instill in me. Doesn't help that I love to look beautiful so its like the best job for me!!! The best part is that I have ever wanted to start my own business but my degree is just a piece of paper with zero experience and got to know that once I become a sales director, I get to register my own company, so fantastic! Can't wait to see what is in stored in years to come!

DD T is way excited about my new career and is very supportive of it, helping me look after when ever I conduct my classes especially at night. Its great as I work 1-3 times a week, not always is a full day, coz I still come back to put her to sleep etc. I guess the reason why I am so successful is that I decided to put my goal on my child, wanting to put her in a international school and so want her to do her summer break in China. We want to give her a overseas education as we are very cultural aware parents (guess gotta do with our past) . I'm sure with the education system changing every year, things will be a lot different in 5 years and we will be ready when it happens. We have a dream , if education system works for us in 5 years, we want to be able to buy a house near it!

A big thanks to DD T and FIL who sat down and went through the Mary Kay business model, telling me its a fantastic company to work in and that I have nothing to lose if it doesn't work out but many to gain if it does. My FIL for reminding me that only in sales you can achieve your dreams when you work hard, his tips on how to break through the barrier that was holding me back - my pride. How they always remind me to direct my concerns on money (bad months) to things greater than cash, because they know money is not a drawing factor for me.

A bigger thanks to Ern's mummy who is such a big Mary Kay fan even before she used the product but through her admiration of her a business women. Sharing with me how she read her autobiography and got inspire to achieve her "million dollar table". and her quote "if u believe the product, the battle is 50% won, the rest is just pure determination" (to shann: see, I remembered!!)

I so love my new career as a beauty trainer, image consultant, future sales director, motivation talker and most of all a role model for V to emulate.

4 comments:

Pearl said...

hw envious...i wanna be like you...

Anonymous said...

ok miss sales director... do come by Le Noir and get some power dresses for your new career!!!! You go girl!

Unknown said...

Dajie, congrats!!!!

Unknown said...

pearl: u can if u want to babe!!!

mae: hahah wheni reach there k... gotta concentrate 1st .. we gotta meet up la!

xiaomei: xie xie :)